DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Server Problem.

Request help or offer help.

Moderator: Moderator

DarkShadow-SA-
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Re: Server Problem.

Post by DarkShadow-SA- »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LGM »

Not sure you need port triggering setup or not... but in the portforwarding page, I noticed you have TT setup on 28000 to 28010 but are using "Both" as the protocol. I think you'll need to set that as UDP.

Also, that IP is odd. I wonder what your internal IP is. 192.168.1.55 is possible, but not likely. Check the IP that the computer you are running the server on has. (Network properties?)

Most of the time, the last set is a single digit. I'd expect that 55 is too high, unless you have 55 computers running in your house. I have my router on .2 server computer is .3 my laptop is .4 and the old laptop I'm on is .5 I can't see getting to 55.

You will want the router forwarding whatever IP the server is running on. The ports need to be 28000-28010 and use UDP for the protocol.
DarkShadow-SA-
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by DarkShadow-SA- »

Ok i only have 2 computers. A desktop and a laptop. What # should i put for my laptop?
Also when i launch a ded. server it says "Sending heartbeat to master server [IP:74.63.12.22:28002]. Maybe that info. could help?

Blind Cide
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Blind Cide »

LGM, I told him to use both UDP/TCP just in case. My router assigns IPs starting from 100. (101, 102, etc.)

Shadow, you don't need port triggering, just forwarding. You need to look wherever the "windows network info" is on each computer to find out what internal IP address your router has assigned to each computer. The port forwarding tells the router which computer is serving TT.

And yes, please post all the text that happens when you launch the server (before the heartbeat stuff).
DarkShadow-SA-
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by DarkShadow-SA- »

The last digits of the IP on my laptop are 108.
The last digits of the IP on my Desktop are 102.
The last digits of the IP on my brothers laptop is 104.
I run the dedicated server on my laptop.

LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LGM »

So you'll want to set the IP for TT to be 192.168.1.108 (your laptop)

Since you got the "sending heartbeat" message, it sounds like you have the server running ok.

Launch a server after you reset that IP, then copy and paste the text that you get in the server window so we can see it. You should get a reply from the master server back, too.

And, please resize that signature image. It's too big.
DarkShadow-SA-
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by DarkShadow-SA- »

Ok its set too 108, but how do i reset the IP?
----------------------------------------------------------------
Additional Info: CB set my C:\Program Files\BraveTree\ThinkTanks\game\server prefs.cs file port too 28023. I don't know if that's right, but i just thought i put that out there.

LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LGM »

You changed the IP that is forwarding those ports when you set that number to 108.

I assume you applied the change. Does it work now?
DarkShadow-SA-
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by DarkShadow-SA- »

No it doesn't work, CB set the port in my server>prefs too 28023. Is this correct?

LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LGM »

You can do that, but if you do, you have to open that port too. Either set the server prefs back to the 28000-28010 range (pick a number) or forward 28023. If you changed the server port, you have to forward that port.