DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Airport port forwarding for Mac

Request help or offer help.

Moderator: Moderator

00E
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Re: Airport port forwarding for Mac

Post by 00E »

This is the picture I get when I go to advanced... It doesn't match your screen...
Attachments
Picture 8.png
Picture 8.png (91.29 KiB) Viewed 3586 times
Has Been Playing TT Since February 18, 2004
Mods Made: 17
TT2 Supporter

Post by Guest »

Hey thanks LGM. Toggling back and forth between full-screen and window modes is nice. But I don't know what DMA is.

Will take a PC look at my Airport settings using PFConfig but will be away on travel for a little over a week. (Current hurdles: PFConfig requires a user name for log in that Airport Utility does not, and though Airport is listed on the PortForward.com web site, I didn't see it in the PFConfig screen.)
LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LGM »

Most routers allow you to place a computer outside of the firewall... they call it DMZ. It opens that computer up to possible hackers, but can be done. On my router, it causes problems for the other users on the network, but maybe it works better on yours.

Post by Guest »

Hi OOE, Your "Advanced" window looks different from mine because you have a new Airport Extreme or Time Capsule that will support two simultaneous wireless networks. Your graphic of the Airport looks like a box and mine looks like the the flying saucer thing. For you, clicking on "Mobile Me" should give the same port mapping table options that I have when I click on "Port Mapping."

Hi LGM, There are two internet ports on my MacPro, and they auto-adjust to whether they are receiving or transmitting, so it was easy to try what you call DMZ. Some stuff worked. Some definitely didn't. Don't think I missed any settings options but will give it a fresh look again sometime later. Thanks for the tip.