DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Both TT & TGE crashes in short time

Request help or offer help.

Moderator: Moderator

Triv
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Both TT & TGE crashes in short time

Post by Triv »

When starting up either application TT or TGE I can normally play about 30 seconds... and then everything freezes and my computer restarts. Does some know what's up with that?
Last edited by Triv on Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
00E
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Re: Both TT & TGE crashes in short time

Post by 00E »

I had a similar problem a year back when I tried to join a game... When I would begin to load it started to get a bit laggy... Then all of the sudden my screen froze... But it wasn't lag because that Seat Belt Strap didn't pop up at the top... One day later I got on TT and it worked like nothing even happened... I know that doesn't really help... But, maybe just wait a day? As for the TGE... I can't use it on my Mac I've tried reinstalling and all... I guess something must've happened because it worked before But I use my laptop for modding now...

Good Luck,
00E
Has Been Playing TT Since February 18, 2004
Mods Made: 17
TT2 Supporter
Triv
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Triv »

No it has already been doing that for several days.
Cloud
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cloud »

Your computer restarts automatically? Or do you have to restart because your computer freezes? If its automatic, then it sounds like a virus. Only TT?

Did you try to delete entire TT folder and uninstall then reinstall?
//()*()*()*()*--[][][][]-^-^)(CLOUD)(^-^-[][][][]--()*()*()*()\\
Triv
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Triv »

Cloud wrote:Your computer restarts automatically? Or do you have to restart because your computer freezes? If its automatic, then it sounds like a virus. Only TT?

Did you try to delete entire TT folder and uninstall then reinstall?
I don't think it's anything to do with TT. I tried installing a new copy and same thing happened.

I start up TT and join up some server. I get to play less than 30 seconds until screen freezes for second or two and then my computer restarts.

My main cooler was broken about 1-3 months ago until I replaced it with new ~1 months ago. When my cooler was broken this same thing would happen now and then... but very rarely. My machine also kept very loud noise and was all the time hot(no surprise). After updating with new cooler both noise and warmness disappeared. And so did also the rare freeze restarts in TT.

Now I get these same type freeze & restarts but it happens every single time I start TT.

I thought it could have been something to do with Adobe flash update to newer version. I wasn't on computer and I was asked what I do with this popup message from Adobe. I clicked on Install... I think it was after that the problems started. I have tried multiple times uninstalling/installing Adobe flash without any luck. I also tried the version 9... I really don't know what could be doing it...
Jerry
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Jerry »

I had trouble like that after I installed Windows 7. It was using a default driver for the graphics card, but after I got the proper drivers installed for the graphics card all was good!
When you replaced the heat sink did you re-apply Heat Sink Compound / Paste?

Good at everything!
Perfect at nothing!

as confused as a baby in a topless bar
Triv
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Triv »

Jerry wrote:I had trouble like that after I installed Windows 7. It was using a default driver for the graphics card, but after I got the proper drivers installed for the graphics card all was good!
When you replaced the heat sink did you re-apply Heat Sink Compound / Paste?
I was talking about this type of cooler Image.
Not cpu cooler.

Cheers
Triv
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: Both TT & TGE crashes in short time [Unsolved]

Post by Triv »

I tried this week playing Thinktanks and Marble Blast on InstantAction both crashed the same way...
Triv
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Triv »

Okay it only seems to crash in Garagegames products. Wonder what would cause it? I tried playing heroes of might & magic 3. No problems or crashes with it-
LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LGM »

I'm not sure about this, but it seems to me that my laptop fan runs more often when I'm using MarbleBlast or TT...

I wonder if it's related to the graphics card or CPU being used too much. I recall that TT doesn't take advantage of dual cores, so it may be related.