DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Skype Call Lag

Request help or offer help.

Moderator: Moderator

Salmon Sam
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Skype Call Lag

Post by Salmon Sam »

lag problem here..
when I get in a skype call in TT, i get a whole lot of lag..enough to where i can't tell whats happening.
i've noticed PSL players and others don't get any lag during a skype call.
i'm running Windows XP Pro with .5 GB of RAM. (i'll give more info when i get back to my computer)

also, speaking of lag, for several weeks now i get short periods of terrible lag, no matter what server i'm in. it lasts for 15-30 seconds and often goes away right as someone scores a goal or i dive. when the "lag bomb" is over, there is no noticeable change in my ping previous to the lag bomb. it happens 2 to 3 times a game usually.

any help?
~poopiedoodlez 4 lyfe~
LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Skype Call Lag

Post by LGM »

Are you on wireless, or wired in via ethernet?

I get lagbombs often when I foolishly try to use my wifi for TT. I've also had it happen when I don't have my cable seated in the port right.
Salmon Sam
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Salmon Sam »

it's not wireless
~poopiedoodlez 4 lyfe~
Cloud
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cloud »

Salmon, I had the exact same problem on my laptop. It is not lag, but a very low frames per second which is caused probably by our graphis card and perhaps your processor or RAM. My problem was simple. The graphics card folder/drivers were not installed. My frames went from 15-30 to over 100 once I installed them. The source of your problem may be different. Talk to me on skype bout it, and put your graphics card specs on this thread.
//()*()*()*()*--[][][][]-^-^)(CLOUD)(^-^-[][][][]--()*()*()*()\\
Salmon Sam
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Salmon Sam »

well you're not online... :P

i don't think it's FPS, becuase i get the lag symbol when it happens. also the lag symbol doesn't go away even though i can still move.
~poopiedoodlez 4 lyfe~
Salmon Sam
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Salmon Sam »

well cloudie says it's my graphics card..since it's built into the motherboard
~poopiedoodlez 4 lyfe~
Cloud
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cloud »

You don't actually have a graphics card. Its a chip built into the motherboard. You wont be able to play with skype with no graphics card. BUT... you are on a desktop computer, and I think those have graphic card slots unlike laptops/notebooks. I am not sure about that though. A good graphics card would probably run you around 100, well good enough to play TT and run skype that is.
//()*()*()*()*--[][][][]-^-^)(CLOUD)(^-^-[][][][]--()*()*()*()\\
Salmon Sam
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Salmon Sam »

got a new computer, a Dell Optiplex GX270 with XP and a 3 GHz processor and it solved all of my lag problems. i can run iTunes and Skype and TT and whatever else i want at the same time with no lag! hoorah
~poopiedoodlez 4 lyfe~