DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

What ports does TT use?

Request help or offer help.

Moderator: Moderator

Cloud
Site Admin
Site Admin

What ports does TT use?

Post by Cloud »

I think my internet provider is blocking the ports. Can anybody tell me what ports the game uses for connecting to servers? Then ima call them up and give them a piece of my mind! ARG...
//()*()*()*()*--[][][][]-^-^)(CLOUD)(^-^-[][][][]--()*()*()*()\\
Blind Cide
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Re: What ports does TT use?

Post by Blind Cide »

When the game refreshes the server list it is looking for master.garagegames.com:28002 which currently points to 74.63.12.22:28002. If your DNS server isn't able to tranlate the master.garagegames.com:28002 to 74.63.12.22:28002, then you won't get a list of servers.

So you might want to try substituting the numerical IP address into the line in the contents/resources/game/clients/prefs.cs

Code: Select all

$pref::isDemo = "0";
$pref::Master0 = "2:master.garagegames.com:28002";
$Pref::Net::LagThreshold = "400";
change to:

$pref::isDemo = "0";
$pref::Master0 = "2:74.63.12.22:28002";
$Pref::Net::LagThreshold = "400";
And then remember to discard the old prefs.cs.dso file before you restart.
Cloud
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cloud »

Thanks BC for the reply. Still nothing... Time to call and give them a piece of my mind.
Blind Cide
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Blind Cide »

You could also try using a different DNS server. I have to get into my cable "box" interface to change it. Here's a post from another forum:

[General] DNS - Open Root-Server Confederation
Since it seems that many issues related to email, inability to load certain pages, etc, eventually are traced to problems with DNS, I've started using free DNS services from the Open Root-Server Confederation. They seem to have less trouble, and include all the new TLD (Top Level Domain) listings that many of the other DNS servers don't yet include. I've replaced the more usual 198.77.116.8 with 204.57.55.100, and it works well. Here is a list of the servers available ... I chose the one I did because it appears to be the one closest to the NOC. For an explanation of how and why to use "alternative roots" go to »support.open-rsc.org/[?] and for complete information on DNS and the Open Root-Server confederation, go to »www.open-rsc.org/[?]

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can freely use any of these servers instead of your ISP's nameservers if you want to be able to see ALL the domain names on the net, not just the ones in the US Government controlled nameservers. You will, of course be able to see all the "old" domain names like .com, but you'll also be able to see all the ORSC new top level domains, too. If you need instructions on how to use these please see our instructions. 
199.166.24.253 (PS0.NS1.VRX.NET) - Toronto, ON, Canada
199.166.27.253 (PS0.NS3.VRX.NET) - Richmond Hill, ON, Canada
199.166.28.10 (PS0.NS2.VRX.NET) - Apopka, Fl
199.166.29.3 (NL.PUBLIC.BASESERVERS.NET) - Nederlands
199.166.31.3 (NS1.QUASAR.NET) - Orlando, FL, USA
195.117.6.25 (ZOLIBORZ.ELEKTRON.PL) - Poland
38.113.2.100 (NS1.JERKY.NET) - Boston, MA, USA
213.196.2.97 (PAN.BIJT.NET) - The Netherlands
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You could also do a traceroute on the master server address to see if there is a problem on the path.
Cloud
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cloud »

Problem solved. I just changed internet providers. Getting amazing speeds for USA.

Still crapppy upload. Its all over the place, sometimes around 600 up to 3000, depending on each test. Consistently 30,000 download considering I am paying for 12,000.