DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Choppy Internet Gameplay

Request help or offer help.

Moderator: Moderator

Gaul
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Choppy Internet Gameplay

Post by Gaul »

Lately, when playing on my new laptop, I've been getting some serious problems with the choppiness of the gameplay. On solo it's normal, so it isn't the game itself. I tried disabling my firewall and my "auto-protect" from Norton, but nothing seems to work. I have dsl from Verizon, and usually go at 11 mbs per second. The other computer I used to play on had the exact same internet configurations and speed, and it worked fine on there. I can't play there now since my hard drive died (long story).

So I'm stumped: what could be causing this chop-chop-choppiness of the game? :tankerconfused2:
On a gravestone there's a dash between a person's birth and death. What are you doing with your dash?
LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Choppy Internet Gameplay

Post by LGM »

I get that sometimes when I'm using wireless. Are you on wireless or ethernet?
Gaul
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by Gaul »

Wireless. But I had wireless on the other computer and this never happened... Sure, there were times when it lagged, but it isn't lagging, it's just really choppy. The internet connection is fine. It's only started happening about a week ago.
On a gravestone there's a dash between a person's birth and death. What are you doing with your dash?
Blind Cide
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Blind Cide »

There are other electronic devices that can interfere with wi-fi, such as cordless telephones.
Gaul
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by Gaul »

I had speakers, phones, and all kinds of devices in my room that interfered, but I got rid of 'em long ago and the interference stopped. Like I said, this started all of a sudden about a week ago. I play other co-op games online like Command and Conquer and those work fine; it's just with this game I'm having problems.
Blind Cide
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Blind Cide »

Which servers are you talking about? Since we lost dash's data center servers we are left with mostly all home connections hosting TT. Roo's scrumodz on the East coast is the only industrial connection left.
Gaul
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by Gaul »

Every server I go on this happens; it doesn't happen when I play solo. I play mostly on CB's TBM server, but as I said this started happening about a week ago. I had the game on my laptop before then and it was doing fine... Are there any programs or updates that might cause something like this?
CB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CB »

Check how many processes you have running and stop any extra ones. I found I have an x tra instance of TT running and need to do a restart. I can't tell which one is my server from the list. Just waiting for the right time. When I have 2 instances of TT running my game is very choppy. Hit control , alt, delete (one time only ) to bring up the processes on windows xp. Be sure to google any process and find out what it is before disabling it. Some may be obvious from things you installed and don't need running.

What kind of laptop do you have? processor? video card?
They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.

Red still sucks!
Cloud
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cloud »

On my new laptop the graphics card folder wasn't even installed. So I was getting about 30-40 FPS for the longest time, then thanks go Doc, she saw that I had no graphics card folder. Once I installed that, my FPS went over 200. As for choppy game play, CB is probably dead on.

Check your processes by CTRL + ALT + DEL and open up the "Start task manager" if on vista. Go to the "Processes tab" and check to see how many processes you have on the bottom. I try to keep mine below 80, but sometimes if I have not checked it it can be around 100 which leads to really choppy game play. Delete processes such as itunes and other file sharing software which uses your computer for bandwidth and internet connection. Basically its somewhat of a parasite using your computer. Make sure the ituneshelper.bla bla is deleted. There are some good sites out there that can identify a process and let you know if its safe to delete. I cant remember what they are, but will find out and get back to you.
//()*()*()*()*--[][][][]-^-^)(CLOUD)(^-^-[][][][]--()*()*()*()\\