DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Game "freezes" when in game

Request help or offer help.

Moderator: Moderator

BerthaCampaDiva
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Game "freezes" when in game

Post by BerthaCampaDiva »

Hi all! -

I have a question regarding a problem I've been noticing today. When in game, the game freezes up for a few seconds every once in awhile, then resumes play. I tested that when I create my own server with just bots in it I don't freeze up it's only when playing with on other servers not my own. Does anyone know what my problem might be here? I have Mac OS X 10.5.7 (up to date) and haven't had problems since today. I don't know how to isolate this issue any further.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Some great players were to be played w/ today but no chance with this freezing issue. I don't think I have been messing w/ other's game the freezing seems to just be happening w/ me.

Thanks! -
- da Bertha.
LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Game "freezes" when in game

Post by LGM »

Heya-

There seems to be an issue in some servers. Was this isolated to Snow's Resort (saw you there) or is it happening other places too?

I'm running 10.5.7, and have only noticed the lag problem intermittently. I think it's server specific.
BerthaCampaDiva
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I agree that it is happening in more than one server. Currently I deleted the cache files & zapped the PRAM (Didn't work) in case it's isolated on my system which it feels like since others still seem to play on while I'm on freeze. All of my other applications seem to run great. The first time I noticed it is today.

My next step is to try to reinstall 10.5.7 using the combo updater (not software update) in safe mode (rebooting and holding down the shift key). I'll mention if there is any progress doing this approach (Also didn't work.).

AT&T DSL doesn't see a problem with my connection. Damn.
belikin
Popped Bot Head
Popped Bot Head

Post by belikin »

I believe that your computer is getting too hot.

I had this same problem for some time. The screen would lock up for a few seconds and you could not exit from the game. My computer would also make a strange noise just before the game would resume.

I took my computer apart and cleaned the dust from every part inside my computer and that helped a lot. Before that i had the case apart and a fan blowing on my graphics card when i played and that too seemed to help.
BerthaCampaDiva
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Finally got the system working with no glitches.. AT&T had some issue on their network.
00E
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by 00E »

I still want to bring something up... when I get onto one of those servers that has millions of arrows leading to your death when I go over the arrows and my tank is flying in the fog normally in a few seconds my Think Tanks quits unexpectedly?!? I guess it can't download the pixel's fast enough or something like that
Has Been Playing TT Since February 18, 2004
Mods Made: 17
TT2 Supporter