DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

PC Help

Request help or offer help.

Moderator: Moderator

dad
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

PC Help

Post by dad »

Ok, I have a headset, external speakers, and I'm adding a set of outdoor speakers, all of which I want to run through my pc. What I'm looking for is some sort of audio switcher. Some sort of component I can plug these three items into, then run only two cables from this device to my sound card. I would be able to toggle each device at the push of a button.

Does such a beast exist? If so where?

Thanks
Jerry
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Re: PC Help

Post by Jerry »

Depending on the sound card/software ya have you may be able to plug straight into comp. As long as your speakers have there own amp you could just use a y-splitter for the comp and out door speakers. Then turn the speakers on and off as needed.

Good at everything!
Perfect at nothing!

as confused as a baby in a topless bar
dad
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by dad »

Ok, not sure that would help much since i can only have headsets or pc speakers plugged in. Can not plug both in at the same time. There is an audio switcher available to toggle between headset and speakers, but I need something to handle two separate sets of speakers and the head set.
LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LGM »

You probably want an AV switch box... I use one in my classroom so I can send either computer or DVD/VCR to my video projector, and push the sound through the stereo and tower speakers I have. Great for movies, audio... just push a button to change from one source to another.

There's tons of places to get them... even google "AV switch box"

If you want headsets and speakers at the same time, split the audio signal with a Y splitter, and put the headset on one side... not ideal, but it will work. It sounds like you want the reverse... one in with several outs... mine is set up with one out for several ins. Perhaps this can be set up that way too?
dad
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by dad »

Thanks for your help..