DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Runnings Windows programs on Macs

Request help or offer help.

Moderator: Moderator

Memphis
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Memphis »

So it would seem. Bummer. Other options?
fleabiscuit
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by fleabiscuit »

Been there done that with VPC. Don't think you'd be happy at all Mem. Parallels and VMware Fusion are light years ahead of VPC, and Bootcamp is...well, is Windows native.

Ever notice that the word "choice" is such sharp double-edged knife that those who toss it out often don't realize they are being cut by the inside edge?
{Once you go Mac, you don't go back}
Racer445
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Racer445 »

I've always found VMWare faster than Parallels. Photoshop brushes tend to lag when using Parallels where they do not in VMWare.

Just my two cents.
BerthaCampaDiva
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by BerthaCampaDiva »

Hola Memphis!

If I had an Intel-based Mac, I'd probably go for the FREE BootCamp software Apple provides. If you already have a Windows installation disk you'd be set w/ no cash from yer pocket.
Napalm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Napalm »

Racer, I don't think there is VMWare support for Macintosh so this would not help Memphis in any way.
Baba
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Baba »

Actually VMWare were also at MacWorld.
They now offer a Mac Virtualization software.
No experience with them so i could not offer any insight.
from their email to me:
With VMware Virtualization for Mac you can:

* Run any Windows application on your Mac, including Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer, Visio, and Project.
* Use the full power of your Mac including both cores of the Core Duo processor for maximum performance
* Access all USB 2.0 devices, including Webcams, Bluetooth, and storage devices—even devices only supported by Windows
* Drag and drop files and folders between OS X and virtual machines to easily share data between the two environments

I think the issue is that Memph does not have an intel Mac and that VMWare and Parallels are both designed for these.
I bought Virtual PC for my daughter a few years ago and she found it slow and cranky, though it may be what is out there.
For use on just one software app it may do the trick.
It's been out a while should be able to find it cheap(er) than the original (rather high) price. Can such things be found on ebay? Not too experienced with searching for discounted software.[/quote]
fleabiscuit
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by fleabiscuit »

Does your PowerBook support classic OS Mem?. If so I'll burn you a copy of vpc4 with win98 (for evaluation purposes, frigging ms) and send it your way.
{Once you go Mac, you don't go back}
Memphis
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Memphis »

Does your PowerBook support classic OS Mem?. If so I'll burn you a copy of vpc4 with win98 (for evaluation purposes, frigging ms) and send it your way.

Flea, I think that it could, but I haven't enabled that function. I'm pretty noobish with the comp's so, this is a work in progress.
woo

Post by woo »

Have u guys tried these settings for VPC?

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/v ... ttings.xml