DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

i need help

Request help or offer help.

Moderator: Moderator

bla bla
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

i need help

Post by bla bla »

I made a TGE mod and i found ter and mis . but how do i make it so i can open it in TT it keeps saying
you do not have the correct version of the TGE ect. so umm yeah i need help
█bla bla BMT█
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Veteran Member

Re: i need help

Post by *Sheena* »

rename the mission..must be In TT format like TT1_1mis....but don't change the ter..just add that to your missions folder.....
Joined the redneck class in 1963
bla bla
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by bla bla »

does it matter what number? like say TT9_4.if it doesn't then it doesn't work it says when i open it TT game/data/missions/TT9_4 does not exist.
then this error report came up after i tried to open it with both /mis and shift s.Do i have to rename my mis to TT9_4mis?
█bla bla BMT█
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Veteran Member

Post by *Sheena* »

all your missions must be in numerical order TT1_1.mis TT1_2.mis TT1_3.mis TT1_4.mis..ect..
if Spooky TT2_1.mis TT2_2.mis TT2_3.mis TT2_4.mis...ect...
If Frantic same rule applys...
you can't just name a mission TT9_4.mis for the heck of it...
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

Sheena sorry to point this our but the mission name does not have to be in TT format for it to work, see my post here: http://forums.planetthinktanks2.com/Thi ... 612#p85612

Bla Bla post a screenie of the dedicated server that will show us what is wrong. If the game is saying you do not have the correct version of TGE etc then there is obviously an error. This is usually an object, sky or terrain path that is incorrect mostly due to the fact that your TGE folders are not identical to your TT folders which could mean that you have installed TGE incorrectly.

Are you on Mac or PC? Did you follow the TGE installation instruction in the modding forum or did you just install it directly from the GG download?

Again I ask you to post your server consul as that will show what is missing or what the server is searching for. This is what the consul looks like:

Or you could add a consul log to your server by adding -log 1 to the end of your batch file like this:

Code: Select all

cd .. 
ThinkTanks -dedicated -mission game/data/missions/YOURMAPNAMEHERE.mis -game TS -log 1  
This will create a notepad document in your main thinktanks folder called consul which records all the server consul activity, you can then post this consul log here so we can see what is or what is not happening. You can remove the -log 1 once the map is working 100%.
CB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CB »

^ Listen to dazz,, plus I wish everyone would stay away from using TT1_1 to TT999_10000 stock naming schemes. Name your maps to something relevant to the map itself. I used cb in front of most of mine if not that I use the map name as the mission name. It comes in handy when trying to decide which maps you want to load on mission loader or pull up from gui listing.
They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.

Red still sucks!
*Sheena*
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by *Sheena* »

Again I'm gonna ask show me where the thread is that says all of this...I never heard or seen it in any thread...
I'm going on what works for me it DOES not mean it's wrong!
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

Sheena WE ARE NOT HAVING A GO AT YOU or calling you wrong, we are just stating that the mission file can be called anything. And in answer to your question please tell me where is says missions must be named TT1_38 you will have the same answer for me as I do to you I cant show you a post which says that. I have answered in more detail in Bens post in modding. Again please understand we are not having a go.

I must agree with CB post 100%, if the missions are for your eyes only then call them what you like in the TT formatt but if you are gonna release them name them something different.