DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Mods Problems

Request help or offer help.

Moderator: Moderator

£íñg-£íñg
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Mods Problems

Post by £íñg-£íñg »

I have made a new mod not some time ago, and there are a couple problems I can't figure out:

1) After somebody dies, like, 2 or 3 times, they will not reappear
2) The server is over laggy. I have o ping, there are no bots, and there is nothing casuing lag on my TaskWizard bar.
I'd really like to make my mod an enjoyable playing experience for all, but it is so laggy, only 3 people can play including myself. Can anyone offer any help?
Do people Listen to me? Sometimes, Sometimes Not.
You should. I am wise.
Do not fear me because I am a Woman.
Everyone knows we are smarter than men.
SmEaGoL
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Re: Mods Problems

Post by SmEaGoL »

This usually happens when you have too many objects on the map...tanks and shapes are included. Are there many trees/rocks/powerups/boostpads on your map? If so, try cutting down on them...as for the "only being able to spawn 2 or 3 times...I have no idea. I guess it could be attributed to the object problem. I do not know...give more details

Respectfully Submitted,
-Smeags
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

I think I just saw your sever up and its a city mod right?

Well in that case I can tell you exactly whats wrong and why you have a high ping. I presume you have used the city building shapes from the xpack, if you have then its these objects that are causing your problems. The buildings use something called environment mapping which means the windows reflect the sky and the surrounding environment, this takes a lot of power and if you have to many of these buildings on the map then it will lag like hell.

As a test remove all the buildings from the mission file except one and run the server you will see the difference immediately.
£íñg-£íñg
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by £íñg-£íñg »

You know what Dazzle, I think you are right. I'll try your suggestion, and hopefully it gets rid the problem. Thanks
Do people Listen to me? Sometimes, Sometimes Not.
You should. I am wise.
Do not fear me because I am a Woman.
Everyone knows we are smarter than men.