DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

My Win XP PRO install killed my online TT access

Request help or offer help.

Moderator: Moderator

pacifico
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

My Win XP PRO install killed my online TT access

Post by pacifico »

Hey all,

I'm at my wits end. :cry:

OK it wasn't a long journey to the end of my wits. :wink:

The problem: I can play TT in Quickplay and Solo play just fine. However, the trouble starts when I try to go on-line. I can see all the servers and when selected the player window shows who is on that server. When I join the server ,TT begins loading the map (I tried a stock map server) and then presto the Microsoft Send Error Message window (the exception is 0xC0000005). :evil:

I've Googled the error and it could be memory, video, full moon, etc.. My guess is the memory and video are just fine since I can play Solo and Quickplay within TT. That leaves network or OS issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really miss killing y'all! :)

Here are the details: I just installed a new mobo (aka motherboard ABIT AN52S) with a new Athalon 64 3500 CPU, 2 Gigs memory and a NVIDIA GEForce 7300 PCI-E 512MB DDR2. I sure miss my Win 98 lag machine.

I have installed, reinstalled and reinstalled WIN XP SP2 and all the latest updates. I have tried the onboard Gigabit LAN adapter and a different 10/100 PCI LAN adapter (with the onboard adapter disabled).

I also did a new download from Garage Games to make sure I had a clean TT install.
pacifico
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

More Info.

Post by pacifico »

I forgot to mention that my router firewall configuration has not changed. It was working perfectly with my Win 98 machine.

I also turned "off" the Windows firewall security option.
MusickTMG
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by MusickTMG »

ok this might help

right click on the Thinktanks icon (the icon you click on to start Thinktanks) and go to propteries.

Click on the compatibility tab

under the compatibility mode section, check the check box that says "run this program in compatibility mode for" and then select your old system and it should work. If it doesent then you will have to wait for another reply
Musick-TMG-

:duckie: "I got a idea"
pacifico
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Compatibility mode did not do the trick.

Post by pacifico »

I forgot to mention that I tried that already. Thanks for the reply.
pacifico
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Win XP PRO TT problem solved

Post by pacifico »

I had to flash my Bios and update my sound drivers.

Woot told me it was the sound drivers. Good job, Wooter!!!