DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Here we go again

Request help or offer help.

Moderator: Moderator

@uré
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Here we go again

Post by @uré »

after opening ports : udp 28000 to 28010
I've launch my server
and in the TT MasterServer
nothing appear

Damn why ? any idea guys ?
MusickTMG
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by MusickTMG »

just do 28000 through xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

***edit by Dazzle: incorrect information :slapme: ***
Musick-TMG-

:duckie: "I got a idea"
Speedo
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by Speedo »

^ not necessarily the problem.

nothing appear

how do you know this if you are playing on the server anyway? You can't see the server list from the games.
Gimmie the scrum!
MusickTMG
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by MusickTMG »

spe.edo wrote:^ not necessarily the problem.

nothing appear

how do you know this if you are playing on the server anyway? You can't see the server list from the games.

DO you ever host a server?

DO you know that there is something called dedicated servers?

and yes you can see the server list for the games, you just look at the button at the top of this page that says, TT Masterserver.
Musick-TMG-

:duckie: "I got a idea"
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

@ure,

Ignore ^ & ^^ seriously guys if you have nothing of importance or use to post DONT POST, I am getting fed up with the inaccurate technical information that is being posted on these forums and then someone like myself has to clean up the mess. If you dont know the answer 100% then dont post.

Follow these steps:

1, double check the ip address of the computer you will be hosting the server on (click start, control panel, network connections, then double click on the connection - usually this is local area connection, when the box appears select the support tab and the IP address will be shown here.

2, open up router software and find the port forward section

3, enter the ip address you found in (1) and open ports 28000 - 28010 using UDP protocol

4, if there is an enable check box at the end of the line make sure you have checked it

5, save your new router settings

6, go to game, server, prefs.cs and open this file with notepad and find the line which dictates the port number, its something like $Server = "28000" make sure its set to 28000. If its not change the value to 28000 save the prefs.cs and delete the prefs.cs.dso file in the server folder.

7, fire up a dedicated server

8, check the master server: http://planetthinktanks2.com/ttmasterserver.php to see if your server is visible
OoFfa
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by OoFfa »

Well said Daz,

Expanding from what you said a common error (ie one i made) is to put the Routers IP address in the Port Info instead of the computers.
@uré
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by @uré »

Hell Dazz don't worry about the 2 clowns...

Well I've check back my pref.cs, it's ok too. 1 my port forwarding is set fine too...
I've check my firewall too & it's ok w/ TT...
& I checked all of it here in PTT2 in the 'TT masater Server' just all right like you said

So here come a question : as I'm far from DSL emitter : is it possible that my server doesn't appear OR appear like a 'timed out' server ? due to high ping ?

Anyway, I only have ONE server in my server list (before I changed home I had TWO...) Can that be an explanation ?

Thank you very much guys (yes Musik & spe.edo too despite you're useless).
Speedo
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by Speedo »

Oops!
My brain must have lagged out as I was posting that. I forgot about dedicated servers. :) Sorry for any commotion I have given all of you. I will double check what I post from now on - especially in the Help sections.
Gimmie the scrum!
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

:above: I am glad to hear that, I will be watching you 2......

@ure

What firewall are you using?

Have you allowed TT for in and out traffic?

What router do you have make and model?

Are you using create or dedicated?

If dedicated are there any errors on the consul? look closely as some are hard to see.

Can you enter and play in your server?

What files and folders are contained within the game/server folder?

The number of servers on your list question: on my linux server is shows twice on my list where as on my windows server it only shows once - so not sure about that one, but basically it does not matter how many times you see it only that it can be seen by others. I really dont think that distance on your DSL will be the problem, its either firewall, router, or a TT issue.

Also if you create a log of the server and send it to me it may show something, to do this edit the batch file for the server adding -log 1 like in the example below.

Code: Select all

cd .. 
ThinkTanks -dedicated -mission game/data/missions/TT1_2.mis -game TS -log 1 

save the edit and run the server, a text document will be created in your main TT folder called console.log - enter the server and then exit, shut server down, edit the batch file and remove the -log 1 then email me the console.log, that may give some information on errors.

I will be around at the weekend so we should be able to sort this out for you.
CB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CB »

@ure,
I opened ports 28000 to 28020 and often have to change my ports for my servers to show. I also change the port number in the game/client/pref.cs and delete the pref.cs.dso file as well as the game/server/pref.cs. I know my windows firewall is disabled and my anti virus software is not blocking. This works for me. Try changing the port numbers in the pref.'s files and see what happens. I doubt your timing out.

I am using a linksys router.
They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.

Red still sucks!