DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Increase the number of players

Request help or offer help.

Moderator: Moderator

subtlefly
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Increase the number of players

Post by subtlefly »

Hi all, We have managed to get into the prefs.cs and change it so that we are playing Thinktanks on LAN only. Now I want to know how to increase the number of players from ten to ....? How many players can I get in there? Also why is it that some games with 10 players (team scrum for example) even though there re bots playing will tell you that the server is full (YES kick the bots checkbox is checked)

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks very much
I have a bachelor of visual arts and one in education. I have a Canon D-20 SLR. I can do some pretty mad concept art and also have been taking some crazy bug photos in my backyard, could be useful for boss, spaceship, texture ideas.
CB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CB »

In the Think Tanks/game/server/pref.cs file change this line to the amount of players you would like.

$Pref::Server::MaxPlayers = 10;
Change the (10) to the amount of players you want to allow.

Do the same in the game/client/pref.cs even if your not hosting.

Then remember save the changes and delete each pref.cs.dso before restarting the game. As you probably know, it will recompile a new pref.cs.dso each time.

CB
They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.

Red still sucks!
subtlefly
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

worked like a charm!

Post by subtlefly »

Thats cool thanks for the advice! I have built a game that will let 24 players in at once to play on our LAN game. I will let you guys know if I experience any problems actually running a game with that many players.
Thanks again
have a great day
sub
I have a bachelor of visual arts and one in education. I have a Canon D-20 SLR. I can do some pretty mad concept art and also have been taking some crazy bug photos in my backyard, could be useful for boss, spaceship, texture ideas.