DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Installing TT on Windows Vista

Request help or offer help.

Moderator: Moderator

CB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Installing TT on Windows Vista

Post by CB »

I have received messages from more than one member about this. Does anyone have this combination working right now?
They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.

Red still sucks!
MusickTMG
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by MusickTMG »

I have a easy answer because i use windows vista ultimate.

ok after you install TT right click on the icon and click propteries. Than go to the compatitibly tab. look down and try to find a ares that says compatitibly Mode. Check The "Run this program in compatibally mode for". Than in the drop down list right under that check box select windows XP and Think tanks should work. It did for me.

MusickTMG

P.S if windows XP doesent work try windows 95 or 2000
Musick-TMG-

:duckie: "I got a idea"
SkyRon(SA)
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by SkyRon(SA) »

^ that doesn't work for home edition
i got a better way I have a vista home edition and this will work on all vistas if you install tt frm gg.com or bravetree.com on a vista it will work vistas do not accept shockwave.com games
Imageskyron(SA)-Ronak(SA)
SA member
MusickTMG
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by MusickTMG »

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate

:razz:
Musick-TMG-

:duckie: "I got a idea"
Cassie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: Installing TT on Windows Vista

Post by Cassie »

I'm looking into it with Vista Home Premium.

EDIT: What kind of problems are these member experiencing. Installation was real smooth, and starting ThinkTanks worked just fine, without and with the Compatibility Setting.

EDIT 2:
SkyRon(SA) wrote:I have a windows vista too, and windows vista does not allow shockwave games and I don't know why, but you would now have to buy thinktanks from garagegames.com.

This may be the cause.
Scyth
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Scyth »

I have installed ThinkTanks on the Vista partition of my MacBook and it runs good there. I have Home Edition..

The problem I had was that the game crashed after a while, together with the computer, I didn't know what to do so I just went on playing on my mac partition. Now one day I was on this ThinkTanks on Vista and I put it to "Window mode" (as I always play on Window mode on mac), I saw this error from windows firewall or some other vista crap popping up because I was running A application. I had to press the button "doorgaan" (in dutch) which must be something like "continue" in english.

After that it worked just fine, hope this helps!
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish
Cassie
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Cassie »

I have indeed been having crashes, both with or without the compatibility.
They happen when I get back to ThinkTanks after using "Start" or Alt+Tab to get to desktop.
woo

Post by woo »

Think Tanks from Garage Games runs good on Vista.