DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Just wondering.

Request help or offer help.

Moderator: Moderator

-Kirby-
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Just wondering.

Post by -Kirby- »

What exactly is ping, adn what is it's value on TT? I've seen it on a bunch of servers but never knew what it did. Thanks
Cylicon460
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Cylicon460 »

PING:

The amount of time it takes a command to register on a computer. The only known 0 ping players are bots and hosters. Hosters have 0 ping because they are correctly to the computer that is hosting. That way when you press "W" [used as forward] you will immediately go forward. Ping is measured in milliseconds. So a ping of 400 [almost half a second] will take a little longer to register than a 150 ping level. Ping can be increased if:

you have a slow or old computer
you have many applications or folders open when playing
if your computer is hypervenalating

Ping can be decreased by:

hosting a server
quiting out of anything else open on your computer
making sure your computer is updated regularly

I hope I've helped you and I'm looking forward to some more great games with you in DB!
DJ Wings
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by DJ Wings »

Closing other programs will *NOT* help your ping. It only raises the frames-per-second (FPS), which equates to how choppy the game is. Getting a faster connection can lower ping. It's possible to ping 50 on a 200MHz Pentium II computer.
Never really gone, never really part of the game.
-Kirby-
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by -Kirby- »

So what exactly is the things i circled in this picture?
Because of my router, I cannot get into some servers. It is really ticking me off and I would like to know why. Does it have to do with the Mhz or the ping? I was thinking I could only get into the servers within a cirten number of Mhs or ms (not really sure what thoes mean either) I'm not really a computer parts whizz, but is there a way to fix this problem without buying a new router?

And there is another problem that has happened. In the servers like medula mesa, the rocks and my own tank will sometimes blink white. In the red servers it does the same thing but they blink red. It has been happening for a while and I sort of got used to it. But is there something wrong with my computer, or is it a glitch happening to everyone??
DJ Wings
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by DJ Wings »

Ping is how laggy the server will be. MHz is how fast the server itself is. Ping is what matters. The servers are sorted by ping. Green circle means low ping, yellow is medium, and red is high.
Never really gone, never really part of the game.