DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

server wont show on net with ubuntu linux

Request help or offer help.

Moderator: Moderator

deano
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

server wont show on net with ubuntu linux

Post by deano »

i am trying to serve TT with a linksys befw11s4 on an ubuntu 6.10 install of linux, i have portforwarded my router to open ports 28000-28050. but my server doesnt show up past my router. do i need any server apps installed in linux? any help pleaase? also i dont have permission to write the dash codes to the server file, does this have to be done from terminal or can be done with gnome gui. i have installed tt in usr/share/thinktanks trying to avoid root priveledge problems. thanks in advance for any help...dean
ps ;also can a dedicated server be used with linux?
:o
DJ Wings
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by DJ Wings »

I use Ubuntu, and my server shows up. Not sure what's up, but I use 7.04 (latest version, try upgrading). And TT only uses ports 28000 to 28010.
Why did you install TT in /usr/share? To fix it, go to the Terminal and type in 'gksudo nautilus /usr/share'. Then, right-click thinktanks, go to Permissions, and give yourself ownership. That should do it. The 'gksudo nautilus' part launches the file manager as root- a useful trick to add to your arsenal.
Never really gone, never really part of the game.
deano
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by deano »

ok kewl let me try that...thanx again for your help dj
@uré
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

DERN!!!

Post by @uré »

Wife messed up w/ internet connection...(yes its not me!!!) :razz:
28000 to 28010 udp or tcp?