DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Help Installing on Linux Please.

Request help or offer help.

Moderator: Moderator

jakedj93
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Help Installing on Linux Please.

Post by jakedj93 »

I have copied this from another foum due to no answers.

So I have recently out of the blue wanted to play this ANCIENT (2003) shockwave based game named ThinkTanks, and after some looking around I found out that it was made for the Linux platform. I am running into some issues when trying to install it though.

Information regarding this game is scarce but I did find a forum post where multiple people successfully installed this in 2011 on a different Linux distro. I am a bit of a Linux noob still and don't quite understand what I need to do to get further, so here is the link if you are interested in helping me out!

I am using Linux Mint 14 Xfce 64-bit. Here is what I've done in the terminal so far, perhaps you can help me get further? =] I have bolded the things I find signifigant.

jake@jake-LX~ $ cd /home/jake/Downloads
jake@jake-LX ~ $ chmod +x thinktanksdemo_v1.1.sh.bin
jake@jake-LX ~/Downloads $ ./thinktanksdemo_v1.1.sh.bin
Verifying archive integrity...tail: cannot open `+266' for reading: No such file or directory
Error in checksums: 790769985 is different from 4132391042
jake@jake-LX ~/Downloads $ export _POSIX2_VERSION=199209
jake@jake-LX ~/Downloads $ ./thinktanksdemo_v1.1.sh.bin
Verifying archive integrity...An embedded MD5 sum of the archive exists but no md5sum program was found in /home/jake/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games
If you have md5sum on your system, you should try :
env GUESS_MD5_PATH="FirstDirectory:SecondDirectory:..." ./thinktanksdemo_v1.1.sh.bin -check
All good.
Uncompressing ThinkTanks Demo...........................
This installation doesn't support unknown on Linux / x86_64
(tried to run setup)
Fatal error, no tech support email configured in this setup
The setup program seems to have failed on x86_64/unknown

The program returned an error code (1)
jake@jake-LX ~/Downloads $ linux32 ./thinktanksdemo_v1.1.sh.bin
Verifying archive integrity...An embedded MD5 sum of the archive exists but no md5sum program was found in /home/jake/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games
If you have md5sum on your system, you should try :
env GUESS_MD5_PATH="FirstDirectory:SecondDirectory:..." ./thinktanksdemo_v1.1.sh.bin -check
All good.
Uncompressing ThinkTanks Demo...........................
The setup program seems to have failed on x86/unknown

The program returned an error code (1)