DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

TT Legends (TT)

Army related threads only

Moderators: Admin, Moderator, Army Leaders

Salmon Sam
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Re: TT Legends (TT)

Post by Salmon Sam »

its not your job to decide who is a veteran/legend and who is not
thats why you shouldnt give certain people that status
~poopiedoodlez 4 lyfe~
Phoenix
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Phoenix »

course it is, im the last TT legends member i took over as leader years ago :)

if you dont want the sexy banner and TT legends title then dont compete. its no different to how a army works when choosing members.
im keeping it in the armies area because thats how its been run, like how a army will choose its members based of skill. TT legends hall of famers are based of there skills.

get it?
Salmon Sam
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Salmon Sam »

yup...as long as its just based on skill
~poopiedoodlez 4 lyfe~
LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LGM »

Offensive? Where was that?
A Veteran is a person who has had long service or experience in an occupation or office
OK, so how does buying the game pre 2004 guarantee that? It doesn't. You're setting an arbitrary date that has no real bearing on your own definition of veteran. I have absolutely no issue with your other ideas, but this one isn't fair to others.

To answer why this bugs me, I personally place a very high value on fairness. When something so obviously unfair comes by me, I say something. I see that annoys you. Sorry 'bout that.

Now, what about this?
christ.
crazy much?
That's offensive.
...you dont know me, so dont be stupid enough to pass a judgement based off well, nothing?.
So, you say I'm stupid? I judged your statement based on the threads I've seen you post in. You really have a bias for the "old TTers" as I'll call it. This thread is another example of it.
...stop been so pathetic just because you dont have the Veteran badge
Did you mean to say I'm pathetic? I believe you did. The proper word you wanted is "being".

Take a look over to the left of my post... see my stars? I have veteran status, earned by the PTT and PTT2 setup. I've been here consecutively a LONG TIME. I've tried to do as much as I can to serve this community. So, by your own definition (if you apply it fairly) I'm a veteran. But, and here's the fun part, I don't really care too much about that.

Here's my last post for you... drop the date thing, because it isn't fair. If you don't you're pretty much proving my judgment about you accurate. If you do, thank you. Perhaps next time someone disagrees with you, you'll handle it better.

Your call.
Dark Angel (SA)
A Few Broken Fenders
A Few Broken Fenders

Post by Dark Angel (SA) »

As it is, Armies are a thing of the past. There are no no more wars or constant practices, there hasnt been for over a year. TT Legends will always be remembered as the first, but I think it is pointless to say that to be one you have to have bought the game pre 2004 as LGM has said. I know many people who play better than those who bought the game in the "old days". The "old days" are no longer in the present. Skill is what has always defined a player most. Newer people have that skill, not just oldies.
Phoenix
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Phoenix »

maybe this community isnt as good as i thought it was :/
i miss PTT

im going to give up on you guys, you either misunderstand the point and fun of having challenges in a game or you have problems with me.

im sorry but Being a 5 year Veteran is an achivement which is celebrated in many games, if you guys are going to be petty that you havent got that one badge out of what 10 others? then thats abit pathetic. it really is

you disappoint me. this isnt the first game ive created badges for, and your the only one whos had problems with it. enough said.

i never said that the older you are the better player you are, i just said its an achivement playing for 5 years.
and thats ONE badge, since there are maybe 6 others sofar that are TT skill related then theres Comunity service badges i think your been abit petty.
Dark Angel (SA)
A Few Broken Fenders
A Few Broken Fenders

Post by Dark Angel (SA) »

I'm not being petty (and I've played for 6 years). It is a very thoughtful idea; however I do not believe many veterans show interest if you put this as a type of army thing. Maybe try to promote it in the league section if you're doing it according to merit? Good luck :)
Phoenix
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Phoenix »

i said before i wasnt sure which section it belonged in xD but the LGM kinda ruined the first few posts anyway so id have to make a new thread anyway
its not so much a army as a Status, it doesnt effect your current army as you dont need to leave, its more of a list of the most skilled players who have proven it.

:)
00E
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by 00E »

One More Thing Phoenix Are half of those comrades even playing anymore?
Has Been Playing TT Since February 18, 2004
Mods Made: 17
TT2 Supporter
*Stiffler

Post by *Stiffler »

nope