DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Armys? ARMY LEADERS READ!

Army related threads only

Moderators: Admin, Moderator, Army Leaders

Armys? ARMY LEADERS READ!

Post by Guest »

Alot of you probaly dont care about this and probaly about 50% of the people reading this has never even met me. But for the other 50% that know me and are in an army I'm telling them that I'm combining RT with ACR and after that I'm retireing from being leader and founder of RT. And for 10% of people here who are army leaders then I'm telling you that sure its fun to lead a army at first and feel all powerful but then you start to realize that 90% of people on TT don't care one little bit about your "Little Strong Army". No offence to any other armys but I think the only 3 armys that actully got to the top were VT, BMT and Barons.
And to all the RT members that have been with us since we started, :rockon:. Thanks Hallu!

Happy Tanking,

Pink
niKo
Tanks a Wreck
Tanks a Wreck

To All

Post by niKo »

A long time ago, there used to be clan battles. A long time ago clans used to be important and respected as a force in-game.

If you want to create a clan, keep this in mind. It will most likely turn out as a social group (no problem with that), but you shouldn't go bragging about it in-game. Bragging rights are earned by winning. If you want to get together a group of competent players and start some clan battles, be my guest. It would be great to bring that type of gameplay back to ThinkTanks. Just keep what I mentioned in mind.

-niKo
Remember.

Re: Armys? ARMY LEADERS READ!

Post by Guest »

Yes, long ago. If only there was that kind of respect for armies once again. Most new army leaders don't understand what armies are really ment for.
firestorm
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by firestorm »

^ eh VT have always been around But you since you havent been in army buisness long you aught to know That UF and FI are the real toughys even Outbrake a armie which only lasted 2 years made up mostly of vets from EA
SA UFs big enemy very popular and sucessfull army
Barons and BMT dont really match up to them yet?!!
Pretending to be asleep when *Stiffler Comes into The server Since 2008!
ImageImage
*Stiffler

Post by *Stiffler »

pfft Baron and BMT are nothing compared to UF,SA,VT. i think these are the 3 real armies of TT
firestorm
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by firestorm »

^ agreed
Pink btw barons is tiny army only just starting out compeared to other armies
Pretending to be asleep when *Stiffler Comes into The server Since 2008!
ImageImage
jedirieb
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by jedirieb »

In an attempt to outline "new" armies, when compred to the "old" armies, I came up with the following:

-"Old" armies: Armies that have been around for a long time. UF, SA, FI, and VT (I forget who was named as #5...) UF and FI are very inactive, SA and VT are only now coming out of full inactivity. All four are full of quality players, aka veterans, and of decent people. I can't speak too much for any besides SA, but as far as I can tell... the "old" armies are for talking with friends (on a somewhat more intimate level than these public frums) and occassionally having a few quality in-house games (aka practices). SA and VT are currently setting up a scrimmage, the first to happen between any of the Top Five in over a year.

-"New" armies: Armies that have been around for a shorter time (meaning every army created since VT, the newest Top Five Army). These armies are made almost entirely of new players, aka those who joined since the Top Four went inactive about a year ago. In general, these armies change leadership, membership, even names (aka merging) at an alarming rate - too quickly for any real teamwork or comraderie to come from it. Perhaps to make up for this, these new armies are very active. But with little organization and commitment, these new armies are almost always doomed to fail. If a new army can become stabilized... then you almost certainly have a new "Top Five Army".

My $0.01 on the topic of armies as I see it.
"Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination." - First Oath of the Knights Radiant (Stormlight Archive)
*Stiffler

Post by *Stiffler »

well i think i will put my 10 cents in too

well i used to be in all the new armies and VT a while ago or was that Mt ehthier way a new armie can become a good armie if they lay a good fondation down

exp: BMT was the best new armie but sence they lost a fondation it is dieing quick. they had like 38 active members
onther exp: XP used to be a small but ok armie but now it is dieing also so is all other new armies
Matt-Ectl-Xp-
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Matt-Ectl-Xp- »

*Stiffler wrote:exp: BMT was the best new armie but sence they lost a fondation it is dieing quick. they had like 38 active members
onther exp: XP used to be a small but ok armie but now it is dieing also so is all other new armies

^ Very True But Bmt And Xp Went In To Bmt The New Generation Stiff
Garchomp XPL-BMT
A Few Broken Fenders
A Few Broken Fenders

Post by Garchomp XPL-BMT »

^ That was cancelled. Go to the BMT Forums (Link: http://bmtforums.forumotion.com/index.htm) To find out why.

Anyway, a lot of new armies ARE dying, and that's not good. Well, if you're an army hater like 44, that is good. The main reasons have probably already been outlined by jedireb already, and they are very true reasons. If you make a new army, it is probably recommended to get advice from people who know what they're doing. People from armies like VT or UF are good people to talk to, and peeking around threads is also helpful.

Well, those are my 10 cents, probably worthless.
Teasing *Sheena* (and being teased back) since... FOREVER...