DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Attention all Hosters

Discuss anything.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator

Army of One
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Army of One »

^^ My comment had nothing to do with my religion. Furthermore, did I say I wasn't going to comply? No, I asked if there were consequences. You assume things that you ought not to assume...

I take your statement to be quite offensive, I simply asked what garagegames would do, that's all I wanted to know... And quite frankly, you don't know either...
Born-Again Christian
Hugobaaarainz
Popped Bot Head
Popped Bot Head

Post by Hugobaaarainz »

It's a good and simple idea to have hosters put MOD in their server name.
It's not about what GG will do or don't do to us, it's about making it easier for newcomers.
Also if newcomers come and see all those busy MODs, they'll figure they're losing much fun, and it may inspire them to buy the game! :)
Otherwise indeed demos are trying to join an (unmarked) mod, only to wait a long time... Not fun, and confusing. We want them to have a good first impression.
Repent©ºâ²
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by Repent©ºâ² »

@ Army of One

If you had said, "What do you think GarageGames will do to players who don't comply." I would not have said a thing but thats not what you said, you said What exactly will garagegames do to us if we don't comply? that looks and sounds defiant being a self proclaimed Born Again Christian others will judge you on how you act and what you say like it or not thats the way it is, so yes it has everything to do with your religion. I could care less if you find my remarks offensive I stand by everything I have said.

I simply asked what garagegames would do, that's all I wanted to know... And quite frankly, you don't know either...

I never said I knew what they would do, but this statement sure sounds like a strike out against the person who just offended you, again not vary Christian like. lol...I can just see it now Mark walks up to Jesus and says God wants us to do this, this, and this and Jesus reply s What exactly will God do to us if we don't comply?
Army of One
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Army of One »

^ I'm sorry if I offended you in any way, I should have cooled off for a few minutes before posting. My apologies...

However I will be complying, basically. I don't even host mods so it doesn't really affect me...
Born-Again Christian
Mighty Mouse
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Mighty Mouse »

Ao1...I don't know why Repent is all tied up in knots by a simple question, but I don't think what you said requires apologies. You asked a question of a poster, and if that sounded defiant and un-Christian like in his view, that's his problem not yours. You have a right to post without being beat down.

Apparently, Repent has a strong concept of how a Christian behaves and should behave, but should not impose that on you. Your faith and your relationship with your God is yours and yours alone. Don't let another beat you down by wielding that "thou art not Christian enough" stick.

@Repent...>> I simply asked what garagegames would do, that's all I wanted to know... And quite frankly, you don't know either...<<
Where is the supposed "strike"? Where is the "insult"? Or are you imagining Ao1's face as he poses the statement? Ao1's responding because you began with a personal strike on his faith by responding to his post, with a statement that Ao1 thought that ALL TT hosters would like to know garagegames response to, not some random attack on GG. Looks to me, he added as a sidebar that you don't know because frankly, you sounded like you are in the know and defending GG's position.

I don't like to speak for other people, but I've seen people throw around the "Christian-enough" stick as if they were the ultimate judge of what a Christian should be. People are at all different places with God and just because you are at the front of the line, don't judge those at the back. Do not judge lest ye be judged.

Finally, GG can remove us from the Master Server and I for one would not play TT and would move on and not play any more games from GG because of the demonstration of lack of support for a game and its fans. It's the support from the PTT2 community that makes me want to play and being removed from the Master would make that harder to access and more trouble than it's worth. Remember, we paid for TT to play. It's not like GG did all this out of the goodness of their hearts. It is also in their best interests to make us want to come back and buy newer games.
moe.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by moe. »

Wow Mighty Mouse

That's pretty intense.. and very well thought out!! I guess it fits in with your avatar "Here I come to save the day" :cya: :lol:
**I'm sorry!! I'm new at this**
Repent©ºâ²
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by Repent©ºâ² »

Ao1's responding because you began with a personal strike on his faith by responding to his post.

Thats not true, there was no attack on him or his faith I was simply pointing out that others will judge him on what he says or appears to be saying. I have no reason to think he's not what he says he is but if you're going to wear the badge of Born Again Christian the way he is you should be a little more Christ like, I'm not saying it to hurt him but to help him, but after reading your post I can see why you would not understand this.

You asked a question of a poster, and if that sounded defiant and un-Christian like in his view, that's his problem not yours.

Wow you really believe that? if I see it that way so will others, all you have to show others is your outward appearance your demeanor your hart and they will judge you on what they see and hear.

Do not judge lest ye be judged.

Again I'm not judging anyone, and I don't think I said I was a Born Again Christian anywhere in this thread did I? If I am I said what I said out of conviction if I'm not I said what I said because nothing you or AO1 has said makes me say wow I want to be a Christian ,so much for being a light upon the world.

@ AO1

You in no way offended me that was not why I said it, and I'm sorry if my post upset you in anyway what so ever but unlike Might Mouse I think you can understand. Maybe I should keep my feelings to myself from now on it's just I have so many friends that confess to being Christians but are just as bad as those who aren't, it's a no wounder Christianity has such a bad name around the wold.

And I'm sorry my comment took this thread so far off topic, back on topic the fact remains GG has been asking us to do this for 3 years as far as I know I'm one of few to comply, we have players that have been playing as Demos for years' why should they buy the game if they can play in all the best mods with out having to buy the game. Every one wants more support and a new version of TT but how can this happen with out any new sales? I personally have bought 5 copy's of this game the last purchase was 2 months ago when I converted this PC to Linux. I'm not the only one who has purchased more than one copy of this game there are allot of players to do so. This is why I get upset when a Demo thinks he deserves to play in all the best severs, Buy The Game.
Mighty Mouse
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Mighty Mouse »

@Repent...Truth in advertising, I am a Buddhist. However, in college, I studied under a minister for three years to become a priest before I gave it up because of my disagreements on fundamental issues. Aah, stories to be told over few beers, but not today.

My point was, it's good to help Ao1 in his walk, but the help has to come in a helping hand, not a wagging finger. Read your posts again and they struck me as negatively critical. Where is the constructive criticism to help Ao1 as you profess? "You shouldn't do this, but rather do this" is constructive. Christians do not become Jesus-like overnight. Even Mother Theresa had her faults. But to point out every mistake as un-Christ-like is to hold Ao1 and anybody else to an impossible standard.

Anyways, no hard feelings. Just that you struck a sore point for me and you bore the brunt. We are here to enjoy, right?

As for your point, you may have bought multiple copies and DEMOS no copies, but why are you begrudging the fact that they didn't have to pay? You are expecting that all of these people will suddenly go and buy this game to spur such new sales that TT2 will be coming to a comp near you? Let's be realistic. How many DEMOS would actually pay if forced to? They'll just move on to another flavor of the month.

You don't have to play with them or help them. Do you protest against the pricing system the airlines use where you pay different prices for essentially the same seat? Some even get it for free. Where's the justice?

Do what your conscience tells you to and the DEMOS will do the same.

@moe...A little winded from the long-winded soliloquy, but religion brings out the :cya: in me. Don't get me started on the telecom industry. :razz:
Repent©ºâ²
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by Repent©ºâ² »

I feel by putting Born Again Christian as his signature so everyone in the forums can see, he himself has set the standard high not me if he's not ready for it yet maybe he should remove it until he is.

Anyways, no hard feelings. Just that you struck a sore point for me and you bore the brunt.

Why would I have any hard feelings you are entitled to your own opinions as am I.

OK now the game as I have said, the demos can play on the public servers all they want I don't have a problem with that, the only reason they can play on private servers now, is because we modified the game which by the way is in violation of the user end agreement that we all agreed to when we purchased the game. BraveTree has been cool with that all along all they have ever asked of us in return is that we put Mod in the server name and make the games teamgames I don't think it's that much to ask. For the life of me I can't think of any games I have purchased that have had a fully functional demo mode they all held back something that made me want to buy them, why do you think this game should be any different? And as far as PTT2 goes BravTree has made it clear that may never happen.
Major
Veteran Heavy
Veteran Heavy

Post by Major »

why not have a menu of the hosted servers? Put the menu on PTT2. Have a description of what is on the server. Example, slightly modded, or heavily changed. I think it will give the newbie a chance to choose their level of play. :)