DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Mac OS X Mountain Lion & TT

Discuss anything.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator

BerthaCampaDiva
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Mac OS X Mountain Lion & TT

Post by BerthaCampaDiva »

Having trouble running ThinkTanks on Mac OS X Mountain Lion? Mr. Phobik gave me a solution that has worked great!

NOTE: USE THESE INSTRUCTIONS AT YOUR OWN RISK! PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POSTING BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO IMPLEMENT THIS... THANKS!

1) Go to your Applications folder in the finder and right click on "ThinkTanks.app" or "ThinkTanks" depending on your settings.

2) Select "Show Package Contents"… the package contents window of ThinkTanks will open.

3) Navigate the TT package contents to: Contents/Resources/game/client/prefs.cs

4) Open "prefs.cs" with TextEdit.

5) In TextEdit, change the line:

$pref::Video::fullScreen = "1";

to:

$pref::Video::fullScreen = "0";

6) In TextEdit, click File -> Save (save your changes) and then click TextEdit -> Quit.

7) Navigate the TT package contents to: Contents/Resources/game/client/prefs.cs.dso

8 ) Delete "prefs.cs.dso"

9) Navigate the TT package contents to: Contents/MacOS/ThinkTanks OSX

10) Go to your Utilities folder (normally found in the Applications folder) in the finder and click on "Terminal.app" or "Terminal" depending on your settings.

11) Drag "ThinkTanks OSX" into the Terminal app and the Terminal will spit this line out:

... /Applications/ThinkTanks.app/Contents/MacOS/ThinkTanks\ OSX

type " -windowed" to the end of this line to make it look like this:

... /Applications/ThinkTanks.app/Contents/MacOS/ThinkTanks\ OSX -windowed

NOTE: There is a space between "OSX" and "-windowed"

12) Press <ENTER> or <RETURN>

13) Quit Terminal.

14) Play ThinkTanks on Mountain Lion.

NOTE: ThinkTanks will now not play in Full Screen mode, but it's working on my system beautifully now. At first when I implemented this, the user interface and settings were wonky. But after playing 1 online game these anomalies ended and it's working splendidly. Thanks again, Mr. Phobik!
ThatGuySam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mac OS X Mountain Lion & TT

Post by ThatGuySam »

ThinkTanks works fine on my Mac and can play fullscreen, occasionally it will crash but that doesn't happen very often.
Have Fun Always
Sam

Has been playing TT Since: 28th October 2012
Join ThinkTanks' Discord Server: https://discord.gg/H7fGD6E