DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

So did my post get lost in the overhaul

Discuss anything.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator

stinkfingers
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

So did my post get lost in the overhaul

Post by stinkfingers »

Or is censorship the new norm here? I would hope that a moderator would say something if they found something objectionable.
"nice scooter..." Fishtank, 2008
LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: So did my post get lost in the overhaul

Post by LGM »

I don't see anything in the logs about deleting a post... I'm guessing it went MIA.
stinkfingers
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Re: So did my post get lost in the overhaul

Post by stinkfingers »

Well, can't be helped then. I'm glad to hear you guys didn't just nix it.

The point of the post can be distilled to this:
1) Team scrum is a team based game. It is shaped by social conventions.
2) It is dynamic and requires the players to shift roles (defender, runner, blocker, etc.)
3) Because of the above, there is a learning curve to learn how to properly play. Most players pick it up within a few months and refine it from there.
4) Occasionally a player comes along that even after a long period of time does not. This invites questions that essentially distill to these: a) Does the player not understand the game or, b) Does the player not care (i.e. prefers to flout the social conventions mentioned in 1 above, or flout the responsibility to play the required roles in 2 above). The player iBot was such a player, and I don't think we ever determined what caused him to perform the way he did.
5) The community of TS players should not tolerate selfish play in TS. The community of TS players is more likely to tolerate bad play in TS.
6) The bad player therefore has two options. If you do not care for the social conventions, you should. We enjoy each others company because we cohere around the conventions of the game and enjoy the competition and the camaraderie that ensues. But if you don't care, then play Indy (option 1). You aren't wanted. If you do care but haven't quite picked up the nuances (social conventions and ever changing roles of TS) then you should decide that you will learn how to learn (option 2). This means hanging back and observing, asking for advice...opening up a dialogue. Some of the vets absolutely love to instruct others (whether the noobs like it or not). This, btw, is how most of us learned how to play.

I haven't named names, and maybe I should for fear that the player in question is so unaware that this post won't resonate. I will say this though: iBot failed to learn despite our efforts to engage with him. After a long time (too long) we finally had enough and we quit extending the benefit of the doubt. Needless to say, he ended up leaving. I hope -- oh you of the rebirth, of the Disney lion name-changes -- that you chose a different path. That you decide the community is worth your time.
"nice scooter..." Fishtank, 2008