DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

World of Tanks

Discuss anything.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator

LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: World of Tanks

Post by LGM »

bah

PC only... how lame. Call him NLTMIMITW
Hugobaaarainz
Popped Bot Head
Popped Bot Head

Post by Hugobaaarainz »

Smacky! I play WoT! And I met LC50 yesterday, yes it's him. He was probably in-game when you wrote him. Woot!

I don't think the Mac version will come any time soon. I'm a Mac fiend, but I installed an old Windooze XP OS on my Mac and gave it a 50 Gb partition, I use only for gaming.

WoT is an awesome game! I just post that in the PSL19 tread, sorry for the repeat:

"Is there any PSLer playing World of Tanks?

http://worldoftanks.com/

Not to sounds spammy, but it's an amazingly fun game, and it's free - and unlike PTT there's always 7,000 to 10,000 players online, and you get in a game within 10 seconds. It does not have as much humour and fun physics as TT, but it has the casualness of TT - you play a lot, you die a lot, and it's fast-paced. Right now in WoT you join online and get in a 'random battle' game where 15 human players battle 15 other human players - every game is quite unique and different.

I saw LC50 there yesterday, so I thought of posting here.

In WoT I'm 'hugobrainz', of course! Let me know if you join, I'll look for you!

hugolin @ daquilon . com

Da Brainz!"

Smacky, I'll look for you. :thumbup:
Baba
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Baba »

its a shame there's no Mac version, that will keep me from checking it out.
parCAT
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by parCAT »

I read Smacky's post and got all excited to check out ANOTHER online tank game... then I read LGM's post. If there's no mac version, it must not be all that awesome...

I will be on the look-out for the mac version....

EDIT: I was reading the WoT forums and it looks like players are messing with their mac setup to play it. A few mac players are using things like Wine Virtual Environment (allowing a mac to work like a PC gaming-wise) and Bootcamp. Others said that Wargaming isn't looking into making it available for macs (which I hope is a rumor). I'll probably end up looking into these virtual Windows setups so I can test out and play WoT if word on the mac version hasn't developed in the coming months.
meow !
Hugobaaarainz
Popped Bot Head
Popped Bot Head

Post by Hugobaaarainz »

Like I said, just get a cheap or old and free version of WindowsXP. There's always someone with a dying PC somewhere. Then use Mac Bootcamp to create a Window partition on your Mac computer hard drive, and you're in business. I have a 200Gb Mac partition, and a 50 Gb one for XP; I only use it for gaming. I play on my MacBook, a friend gave me his old XP disk. Really simple. :thumbup:
parCAT
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by parCAT »

^ did you just say it's simple? I have no idea what you just said.... And I have no $$$
meow !
Master TMO
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by Master TMO »

Played WoT some last night for the first time. It isn't a bad game at all, but it's also not all that similar to TT, except that you're piloting a tank. ;)

WoT is a more 'real' environment, while TT is more cartoonish. TT is more action-oriented, WoT is more tactical.

After a few sacrificial games I figured out some of the limits of my base tank and the environment. I've managed to make a few kills and gain a bit of experience, and upgraded one of my tanks, so I'm not quite a breadbox being pulled by a snail. Now I'm a breadbox being pulled by an armadillo, and I have a bigger gun. :) I've actually managed to survive to the end of a few matches, and managed 2 kills in a single battle once. Granted, I haven't survived all the way to the end in a game where I made a kill yet.... ;)

At any rate, my account there is Master TMO.
Jerry
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Jerry »

I've been giving it a try.....I'm not sold on it yet. I agree it is a tank game, but that ends the similarities. Here are a few screenies.

I'll give it a few months and see what its like.
Attachments
2011-04-27_00002.jpg
2011-04-27_00002.jpg (183.19 KiB) Viewed 9619 times
2011-04-27_00001.jpg
2011-04-27_00001.jpg (209.75 KiB) Viewed 9619 times

Good at everything!
Perfect at nothing!

as confused as a baby in a topless bar
Hugobaaarainz
Popped Bot Head
Popped Bot Head

Post by Hugobaaarainz »

Yes the first tier (out of 10) of tanks are tin cans with a 50cc engine in, and it's shooting paper balls. Tier-2 is much better! I still drive my BT-2, it's fun and fast!

Just got yesterday my tier-4, it's fairly fast and better armoured, but still I cannot engage frontally the big guys. WoT is like an aquarium, sometimes you're the big fish, sometimes the smaller one. Usually though you get matched with similar strength tiers of tanks.

Ok TMO I'll be looking for you! I remember you were a good shooter in TT. :tankerwinks:

http://www.tentonhammer.com/world-of-ta ... vival-tips
Last edited by Hugobaaarainz on Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hugobaaarainz
Popped Bot Head
Popped Bot Head

Post by Hugobaaarainz »

@parCAT: sorry it came out confusing, but didn't you hear about Mac Bootcamp?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boot_Camp_(software)

You can install Windowze on any intel-based Mac computer.