DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Think Tanks Linux OS

Discuss anything.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator

Think Tanks Linux OS

Post by Guest »

Hi All,
So i did manage to get TT demo functioning on linux just before GG Master Server was shut down. Unfortunately I didn't purchase the full/unlocked version prior to the death of the master server. Now of course I don't seem to be able to make that purchase to unlock the game. I really want to get TT running on my computer which is a Linux OS. Does anyone have any useful suggestions or ideas how or where I might be able to do that???? :tankerconfused:

Thanks in advance,

Max :(
Blind Cide
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Re: Think Tanks Linux OS

Post by Blind Cide »

Hi Max,
Do you have a registration key from garagegames?

If you only need to host a dedicated server on Linux, you can use the demo app without a registration.

Post by Guest »

Hi Blind Cide & Smacky,
Thanks for the reply.
I've actually got two different windows copies (Shockwave and Bravetree) and assume I got an e-mail with the codes for both which I will try to locate.
When I do find one or both where do I apply the code in the Linux Demo??
(Sorry if it's a stupid question but I would rather ask than fumble around and waste time trying to figure it out).

Thanks in advance,

Max

Post by Guest »

Hi Smacky,
I didn't realize you posted an answer when I had Speedy post the chat during the game. I'll take a look tomorrow. I did find the unlock code from Bravetree so that's what I will try. Hopefully it works and we'll finally have 3 tanks in the game. (And I'll be able to use my own computer instead of jumping to the other one just to run tanks.) Thanks for the reply. :)
And the Packers didn't win the Steelers gave the game away. :(

Thanks again,

Max

Post by Guest »

:(
Hi Smacky (All),
Ok, I launched the Linux version of Think Tanks and tried to locate a place to use my Bravetree unlock key but there doesn't appear to be any. The "buy" link tries to connect directly to Garage Games and is unsuccessful for obvious reasons. I really would like to get TT going on my (personal) linux computer. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to get it going?? Do I need to download a linux version from somewhere else? Is there some trick to using the code? Is there a contact at Garage Games or anyone that I could purchase the full linux version from? What options do I have? :?

Thanks in advance,
Max
LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LGM »

OK... if you have a copy of the game that is registered, you might still be in luck.

Inside the game, there's a file called "ignition". Try looking in contents/resources/

Your ignition code is inside that file. Open it and look for a line that says

"key = XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX"

(not exactly this, the X's should be numbers and letters)

Launch the game, and when prompted enter that code. You have to have a copy of the full version to do this, though.

If that doesn't work, shoot me an e-mail and I'll see if I can get you some help.

Post by Guest »

Hi Smacky,

That would be great.
Hopefully I can get this going finally.

Thanks in advance,

Max
TMG Leader
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by TMG Leader »

If you trust them, see if anyone is seeding a torrent for the installer. I kind of doubt it though.
First to fall, last man standing.
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

To download the Linux installer you have to log into Garage Games from a Linux machine, hope that helps.