DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

GarageGames stopping game sales???

Discuss anything.

Moderators: Moderator, Admin

LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

GarageGames stopping game sales???

Post by LGM »

I just found this notice on GG's site...
http://www.garagegames.com/community/bl ... 7#comments
The best part of my job is reading comments and seeing the posts of happy customers. This blog; however, is part of the job that I don't enjoy: delivering bad news. On February 1st 2010, we will no longer have the distribution rights to deliver, sell, or give away most of the games on our store. I regret to inform the community, that we will be removing these games from the store between now and midnight January 31st.

There is the potential that we can get these rights back by the end of the night tomorrow –but it is unlikely. We will do our best to bring back as many of these games as possible since we are free to engage in new publishing agreement with whomever we like.

We also no longer own the IP rights to Marble Blast Gold, ThinkTanks, and Rack ‘Em Up Road Trip. Therefore, those games will also not be available in our store and it is unlikely that they will return.

We regret the short notice and hope you all understand that our desire to keep the store is not a factor in our ability to keep it active. If you are still hoping to put your game in our store, we are still open to reviewing it.

~Eric Preisz
CEO, GarageGames, LLC.

P.S This particular issue only affects games. We still retain the rights to deliver all of the other products ( Genre Kits, Tools, and Art Packs ) available on GarageGames.com.
I'd recommend getting copies of any games you own NOW!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: GarageGames stopping game sales???

Post by 44 »

Just downloaded the game again using my original key. Hard to believe I bought this game back in Sep of 2003. That was a long time ago.
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

Thanks LGM

Phew just grabbed:

Torque Constructor
Torsion
Torque ShowTool Pro
Torque Game Engine 1.4.2
ThinkTanks

Man I have spend a few $ with these guys :tankerconfused:
TrouserChili
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by TrouserChili »

So the wife tells me we have a virus on the one pc in the house that is somewhat useful for playing TT, my 5 yo Toshiba laptop. No luck fixing it so I had to wipe the HD (TT was really the only thing I had on it) and restore factory settings. Went to gamecentersolutions.com to redownload and voila!!! 404 error, no more TT. The wife's conspiracy to force me to stop playing I think.

I have it on a desktop and a laptop (both more than 8 yo) but they suck and the jerkiness of the graphics gives me a raging headache in under 20 minutes.

Unless someone knows, and can tell me, how I can transfer the files from a windows xp or vista pc to my somewhat decent vista laptop, i'm done :(
What is Scrum???
LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LGM »

I downloaded all three versions... seems to me if you have a key, somebody should be able to send you a clean copy to start from. You activate it with your key and off you go.

Is that a violation of the EULA?

TrouserChili- I don't use PCs, so not sure, but on my Macs, I can network them and just copy the game from one machine to another, then activate the copy on the new machine- and off I go. Does that not work in the Windows world?
TrouserChili
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by TrouserChili »

^
it works in the windows world. I have all three of my PCs networked and can copy files to and from. But there's something about the install process or something about vista that doesn't allow the game to run if it's copied and pasted. Whatever that something is it's beyond my limited tech knowledge.
What is Scrum???
drsawbones
Site Mechanic
Site Mechanic

Post by drsawbones »

^
When thinkTanks installs on a windows pc, it does a few things in the background, 1, namely, it creates a registry key (binary link) to the ThinkTanks.exe in the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/...../MuiCache
This binary link tells windows how to handle the application you just double clicked on to launch....does it need to shell for example....
binary.gif
binary.gif (19.41 KiB) Viewed 6163 times
(to my knowledge there are no other
registry entries for TT)

hence, if copy/pasting folders you would also need to export and import that reg key, but that may not be enough to launch TT - due to the activation checks which are stored somewhere, correct me if I'm wrong, in the TT sea of files themselves...
DrSawbones™(UF)

Jerry
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Jerry »

With the TTs that I have, all that I have to do is copy/paste TTs program folder to what comp that I want to run it on and send to destop the TTs exe. My server has 6 different TTs program folders and all work great. Well as long as I make sure that the proper video drivers are installed.
This has worked for xp, vista, and 7.

Good at everything!
Perfect at nothing!

as confused as a baby in a topless bar
TrouserChili
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by TrouserChili »

Thanks for all the input.
Got some help and got it back on my dusty old laptop, the good pc.
Now it's just a matter of tweaking the thing which, with my schedule, should only take 39 days or so.
What is Scrum???

Post by Guest »

Hi Trouser, Jerry etc.,
I posted a question under another topic heading about Think Tanks on Linux and have a similar but not the same problem as Chili. I'm trying to activate an already running Linux demo version and was planning to "buy" the Linux version to add to my two windows copies so I could run 3 machines (my personal computer being the Linux one)but of course GG decided to close down.
Any ideas who I can contact or what I can do to get the Linux version up and running now???? :?

Thanks,
Max