DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Tanks

Discuss anything.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator

TrouserChili
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Tanks

Post by TrouserChili »

GG added a really nice bm tank, Schlager, to their instantaction lineup. More armor than the standard medium tank, more firepower and not much slower. They also added a super heavy, with more armor and firepower than the standard heavy but the mobility was so reduced that it turned into a piece of immobile artillery.

Is there any way to add tanks to the list you can choose from or are the tanks part of the source code?
What is Scrum???
Master TMO
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Re: Tanks

Post by Master TMO »

You can add new Tank designs to your files if you want. Anybody know the definitions for these two new ones? If so, I might add them in as options for the AI Evolution project.
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

TMO, not sure you have seen these tanks but I have converted the AI tanks and graphics for normal TT, the tanks especially were a BIG job. The AI tanks in the conversion (and those used in CTF Recreation) are different from the normal TT tanks - subtle differences but it makes a difference - try them out in CTF.

If you want to see the comparisons of the AI (skull)tanks to normal TT tanks download this PDF: http://www.box.net/shared/static/nn8l93ic2r.pdf

I need to update my server to Phobiks tomorrow and will run CTF after.
Master TMO
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by Master TMO »

Do they have new 3D models? Or do they just use the standard L/M/H tank chassis?
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

The Instant Action conversion uses all the new tank models, terrains, objects and skies used in the IA version of TT

See pics in the CTF Recreation thread http://www.ctf-recreation.com or visit the CTF Recreation server and type /codes for tank changing codes.

You will need to install both the CTF and IA Conversion prelods available in the CTF thread.
TrouserChili
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by TrouserChili »

Do you also have the tanks running at IA speed with the extra drift generated thereby?

One can do wonderful things with drift.
What is Scrum???
Master TMO
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by Master TMO »

Ok, looks like I have the tank shapes already. I'll have to sit down some time and collect all the info I'll need into one place for inclusion into the Evolution project. Thanks!
Triv
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Triv »

Would be nice if some more modded server could run those ia tanks as code choices with those values... i def would like using them.
Master TMO
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by Master TMO »

Alright, I've added the Skull tank stats. I see in the IA folder there are 'Fish' tanks. Anybody know their stats, or are they the same as the Skull tanks?
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

@ Chilli

The tank stat settings for the IA tanks were made by me when I did the IA conversion, the tankdb.cs file on IA (which is used to control how each tank moves) was encrypted so could not get the exact figures however if you download the PDF file from my post above you will see that the IA tanks do slide, hold damage and have different speeds from the standard TT tanks. This was done to make things more interesting for players especially the skull heavy :)

@TMO

The IA tanks are a little weird basically IA has two teams green and tan - each team then has 6 sets of tanks, 3 skull tanks (L,M & H) and 3 fish tanks (L,M &H). Basically the fish tanks are the standard tanks that replaced the normal TT ones and the Skull tanks are the new ones, confusing eh?

In order to get all these tanks working the standard tank.db file is 241 lines of code, however the tank.db for the IA tanks and CTF Recreation is 1641 lines of code - and it was a nightmare to get right.....