DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Master Server Down

Discuss anything.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator

TrouserChili
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Re: Master Server Down

Post by TrouserChili »

If we rearrange settings to phobik's master server will we still be able to access the GG master server when it comes back up?
What is Scrum???
supratank
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by supratank »

Yes, his is a secondary master server. When the primary is working, it will use it.
"For the love of all that is good and holy.... Don't back up Feathers!!!"
Baba
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Baba »

Has someone lovingly nudged Torque/Garage games about the server being down?
Dont want to spam them, but a friendly reminder may be in order
Baba
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Baba »

Brilliant idea Baba!

I went ahead and posted a forum note that the TT master Server had been down a while.
Hopefully that will catch someones eye.
If anyone has a personal contact there, that wouldnt hurt either.
Baba
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Baba »

Update on the Master Server issue.
Seems we need to spread the word as best we can about Phobiks as not clear when the master Server will be turned back on, or if it will.
Just need to report that the Think Tanks master server has been down for the past few days.
We are patiently waiting for its re-appearance.
Also congrats for the return of Garage Games, the re-focus and reinvigoration that has come from that period of turmoil.
Heres to many more years!!!

Is there any timeline I can report back to the Think Tank players who await the reboot of the master server?
We have a league currently running that depends on our hosts ability to use the server.
Many thanks!

Baba
On Jan 25, 2011, at 9:59 AM, David Montgomery-Blake wrote:

We are not in control of the Master Server any longer, so that is why it is currently down. Eric is talking to IAC to see about the hosting options. They are the rights holders of all of the game properties now and will be the ones maintaining all of the master servers for the desktop products as well as MarbleBlast Online servers for the 360.

So right now I'm not sure about a timeline on getting them back up. I thought that they were still being hosted in our data center, but that's not the case.

Sorry,
Dave
Thanks for your response.
Thats a bit troubling though.
As it leaves the hundreds of us who still play Think Tanks and organize leagues and tournaments in the dark.
Not saying that to blame you, it just wasn't clear to me that the "lights " were being shut off.
Is there anyone we could talk to about the master server?
Do they know that there is still a substantial community of Think Tank players?
Thanks for your help here,

Steve Swift (aka Baba)
I wasn't aware of it either, and did not know all of the implications for the IP transfer. I'm trying to figure out who the contact would be and will pass it on as I find out more information. With the announcement of IA shutting down operations, I'm amazed that it was up for as long as it was, actually. They took down the vast majority of all servers on November 11th except for the Torque properties since it was still a profitable division.

I'll let you know what I find out.
Dave
Blind Cide
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Blind Cide »

Hmm, i suspected something was askew when I tried to follow links for buying TT but they led nowhere.

So much for hoping we could get the garagegames URL when it comes up for renewal.

Who owns the master.garagegames.com URL? How is IA going to host a master server if they no longer control the garagegames.com URL?
DaveMB
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by DaveMB »

Alright, you guys have as much information as I do at this point since my messages have been posted here.

I am working with Eric to find out who at IAC will be the games IP contact and responsible party for the master server. Most likely the URL will change (similar to using the secondary server--kudos to the community for getting one up so quickly!), though I do not know that for sure yet. I do know that it is not housed in our data center any longer and am not sure where it is moving.

I'll let you know as soon as I hear more.
Community Manager/E-mail Support at GarageGames.com
fishtank
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by fishtank »

Jam Band/Community Manager/E-mail Support at GarageGames.com
LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LGM »

Something seems to be going on with the master server.

In my client/prefs.cs I have these two entries for masters:

Code: Select all

$pref::Master0 = "2:master.garagegames.com:28002";
$pref::Master1 = "2:65.39.239.149:21567";
In my terminal window I see this:

*** Stage 1 load
Refreshing master server list
*** Stage 2 load
Executing game/data/missions/ShickshinnyHills.mis.
I'm not getting the "bad master server" error now, and I get this in terminal too:

Received info request from a master server [IP:65.39.239.149:21567].
Sending heartbeat to master server [IP:208.68.143.50:28002]
Sending heartbeat to master server [IP:65.39.239.149:21567]
Received info request from a master server [IP:65.39.239.149:21567].
Instead of only sending hearbeats to Phobik's master server, the game is also sending them to 208.68.143.50... an IP in Massachusetts. The ISP is "Fast Search and Transfer Inc." Seems the master server URL is being moved somewhere anyway.
Speedo
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by Speedo »

I think it's time for an eloquent individual to sum up what's going on around here in 150 words or less so people like me don't have to read through forum pages. That individual should include terms such as "InstantAction" and "Phobik's server," as well as a general explanation why I can't see any servers up when I want to play online.

:tankerguns:

Greatly appreciated!
Gimmie the scrum!