DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Windows 7 hates my TT

Discuss anything.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator

THE V
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Re: Windows 7 hates my TT

Post by THE V »

What are you upgrading from Vista or XP?

In Vista and Windows 7 you have to tell it to run the program in XP compatibility mode. It also hides files that are needed in windows explorer and doesn't automatically copy and paste them. Really annoying.

They also did some crazy stuff with the User Account Control. I turned this off and then installed TT and everything works just fine. If you mess around with any skins or modding you can't have this turned on at all as it blocks access to the Program Files directory. In Vista this was very prominent but in 7 it is more hidden but still causes problems. Windows tried to copy a feature that most Linux distros have had for years.... and they did it very poorly.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Wind ... nt-control

I've found that 7 works great if you turn off almost all of the features that they advertised as improvements (aero desktop, snap, UAC, etc). It still beats a Mac however.
parCAT
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by parCAT »

THE V wrote:It still beats a Mac however.

Um. No. Macs and PC's are actually pretty similar--far more similar than most realize. The only real difference is design.... and the stereotype that Macs are only for the artistic and graphic types is BS. What I've realized is that, after growing up a Mac user but having to deal with PC's all through Middle and High School (don't undermine a teenager's experience with computers--we've been technologically trained at a young age), Macs are flat out simpler. To use and maintain.

Unfortunately, what it comes down to is personal preference.
meow !
Mighty Mouse
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Mighty Mouse »

don't undermine a teenager's experience with computers--we've been technologically trained at a young age
What does that mean? When does young age end and teenage begin?
Macs are flat out simpler. To use and maintain.
Perhaps that is Jobs dummying down stuff for the masses, and getting people to pay more for the wow factor?
THE V
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by THE V »

Smacky wrote: V = Genius
This is a well established fact.

Unfortunately I'm too f'ing lazy to turn that genius into millions. Instead I focus my superior intellect on the most efficient manner that my work can be done by other people while I have my feet up on my desk.

Unfortunately, I'm also still trying to convince my wife of my incredible cognitive abilities.
ydde
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by ydde »

Anyone has installed it in Windows 7 64Bit?
I tried it and not getting lucky until now ;]
"I play to forget my current issues... I wish I can change the TT's players name to my issues harharhar!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by 44 »

THE V wrote:Unfortunately, I'm also still trying to convince my wife of my incredible cognitive abilities.
That's the least of your troubles, based on what she's telling me.