DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

TT on a mobile platform?

Discuss anything.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator

THE V
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

TT on a mobile platform?

Post by THE V »

After downloading and playing a few games recently on mobile I've come to the conclusion that TT would port to the mobile platform exceptionally well.

It could also be monetized quite effectively because it offers something unique in today's gaming environment.. team-play.

The one thing that the original TT failed at was monetization. The game was too basic for the price when it was developed. They also did a horrible choice with the balancing of the light/med/heavy. Without the community hacking into the game and upgrading it would have never of stuck around as long as it did.

The monetization on the mobile platform would need to be for the extended content - access to extra maps, tournaments, and leagues. This would need to be based upon a subscription or even advertising model. Skins could be also be sold and other add-ons.

If they opened up the map creation to the public using some simple tools it could develop a life of it's own like minecraft. Allow for private servers and suddenly we have a 24/7 TT tournaments going on.

Just an idle thought while avoiding working.
ThatGuySam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TT on a mobile platform?

Post by ThatGuySam »

It would be nice, bring some life back into the game. Sadly, I don't think that it's going to happen. There was some talk a while ago about trying to decompile TT and update it with GG's latest game engine - Torque3D.

However, that never really came to much as ArtCrazy disappeared (I think he had school or something).

Around this time last year, we had quite a few servers up (https://twitter.com/ThinkTanks/status/7 ... 2363331584)
It's a real shame that the game has fizzled out.
Have Fun Always
Sam

Has been playing TT Since: 28th October 2012
Join ThinkTanks' Discord Server: https://discord.gg/H7fGD6E
Jerry
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Re: TT on a mobile platform?

Post by Jerry »

:tankertongue: Its had a long ride. I would love an updated TTs. Many have dedicated countless hours through the years. I'm glad to be a part of this dysfunctional family. As long as there is a server, it'll never die.

Good at everything!
Perfect at nothing!

as confused as a baby in a topless bar