DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

handheld portable game player?

Discuss anything.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator

jedirieb
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by jedirieb »

If you're looking for puzzles, the PSP is the way to go. It's the sports machine, after its cousin PS1/2/3, but has a few puzzles for it.

However, the DS has that classical adventure type of play to it that's hard to resist...
"Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination." - First Oath of the Knights Radiant (Stormlight Archive)
ArtCrazy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by ArtCrazy »

If you want a recommendation for a PSP puzzle game, I'd say Mercury Meltdown, it's very cool, and consists on tilting a board to get blobs of mercury to the finish line... Seems pretty simple, but add colors, color-only gates, traps, time-limits and much more, and you have a cool game... A demo is available from the official PSP website...

Oh yea, PSP has plenty demos on the website (stick em into memory card and play) while DS is stuck to what you buy.

PSP can also play movies both in UMD form and in the memory stick, can show images, and can play music... It can also play flash, and it should have enough processing power to run TT in minimum (perhaps even in medium!)

The only downfault I can tell you of the PSP is the battery duration, fully charged it has about 6 hours of playing time, while the DS has about 8 hours.

The UMD discs are dual-sided discs with about 900MB in each side. Every game you buy come in them. They're small and in some kind of "plastic box" with a small hole where the laser goes through. You stick it more or less like a tape in the PSP. DS's mem cards have about only up to 1GB of space but are much smaller and easier to carry around with you.

The PSP can browse the internet using wireless access points and even play games online, while the DS can only do the second one. (PSP's browse shows stuff just like a normal browser does, unlike cellphones)

DS has the touchscreen while the PSP doesn't. This makes it hard to write something on the psp as you have to use the arrows to select each character, while in the DS you just touch the character you want to write...

The PSP has only one screen, while the DS has 2 (one is touchscreen) BUT the PSP screen is like 1.5x the size of one (only one, not both!) of DS's so thats not a problem (only problem is that it's not a touchscreen ;) )

PSP lets you customize the wallpaper for the menu's background with any image on the mem stick while the DS doesn't. PSP has 4 different lightning types (5 when plugged in or with an unofficial firmware (don't go experimenting with these firmwares if you buy a PSP :P) ) while the DS has only one... By this I mean the light strenghth, from off to fully on.

The PSP is also updated frequently with a firmware with more functions like more supported file types (and better downgrading protections) while the DS is stuck with what came with it when you bought it ;)

Both have a game sharing mode so you can play against a friend with only one copy of the game through wireless, but only the DS comes already with a wireless-chatting application installed... Still, webmessenger.msn.com works on the PSP's browser, so it doesn't matter much (as my DS has never picked someone else using the chatroom feature lol)

Well, it's a hard choice... But I'd still recommend the PSP ;)
Caboose
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by Caboose »

Yes you can't go wrong with getting a PSP. I have one myslef and I love how you can go from playing games, to movies, music, and even the internet. I think ive seen someone watch TV too lol. Yes the PSP is a great handheld system and I never had any problems with it at all.
Reagent X
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Reagent X »

Wow, that's amazing that you can access updates/software so easily and that you can connect to the internet too! Sounds like a kick-ass device. Looks alot like the iPhone. Seems one day they might converge. Mercury meltdown sounds great! She is currently addicted to Bejeweled. Anything kind of like that?
-Rx