DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Strategies by taty!®©™

Admin Scripts, Radars, All Think Tanks Extras found here.

Moderator: Moderator

taty MDTKL

Strategies by taty!®©™

Post by taty MDTKL »

Ok, so here are my main strategies for gameplay:

!Scrum Tactics!

1) Turning left and right, altering about every second with a short 3-second burst about every 4 or 5 swerves.
2) Spinning in a 180 or 360 degree motion is hard to shoot and hit. With a 180, you can return fire.
3) Trees and rocks can help. Bump into one for a small jump. (Rucking Fock!)
4) In Team scrum, kill the opposing team whenever possible. THIS IS NOT BMing.
5) (optional) If you are an underdog, ask questions to the best players to keep them busy while you go and score.
6) When you have an opponent nearing the scrum, don't be afraid to shoot.
7) Use a backwards boost arrow*. As soon as you hit one, back up. You'll get a boost, and enemies can't track and shoot you down (easily.)
8) If there is a boost arrow going up or sideways on a hill, (not down, most likely bump scenario) take it. going at one at an angle will curve your flight and landing pattern.
9) Oddly swerve backwards to avoid camping.(works best going uphill)

!Battlemode Tactics**! NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH TEAM BATTLEMODE!!!!

1) Always go for ANY powerup, especially heal. If you get a heal before the HEAL message, then an enemy can't.
2) Back up hills, and charge down. Swerve ALOT.
3) Constantly switch opponents instead of just one target
4) Hide behind rocks, and randomly charge out at the enemy, firing in all directions.
5) In team, team (duh) up against an enemy.
6) Kill yourself if you need a health and there are none. The enemy won't gain a point, and you won't lose one.

!Camping Tactics!

The 4 major types of camping are as follows:
1) Regular- Camping in the goal.
2) Boosting- When a player uses a boost arrow, you are in front and they hit you.
3) Jumping- When you get under a tank and it hits you.
4) Special- Combo of boosting and jumping.
Camping Rules

1) Make sure it is ok to camp.
2) Never be afraid to shoot.
3) Anticipate stoppes and dodges***.
4) Be careful! Enemy players can kill you, even when you are camping!

* Provided a player isn't tailing you, then you'll just bump into them.
** Some scrum tactics work for this battle mode, too. IGNORE THE BUMPING PART!!
*** If a tanker stops, when you hit them (IF you hit them) you won't get the scrum.
Last edited by taty MDTKL on Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Scyth
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: Strategies by taty!®©™

Post by Scyth »

Ok, lets go over the list.

taty MDTKL wrote:!Scrum Tactics!

1) Turning left and right, altering about every second with a short 3-second burst about every 4 or 5 swerves.
2) Spinning in a 180 or 360 degree motion is hard to shoot and hit. With a 180, you can return fire.
3) Trees and rocks can help. Bump into one for a small jump. (Rucking Fock!)
4) In Team scrum, kill the opposing team whenever possible. THIS IS NOT BMing.
You should not kill them, only on tactical moments like when they are moving near the scrum or close to a goal fight. Smoke em is the message.
5) (optional) If you are an underdog, ask questions to the best players to keep them busy while you go and score.
This is stupid, learn the game. plus I wouldn't respond all the time.
6) When you have an opponent nearing the scrum, don't be afraid to shoot.
7) Use a backwards boost arrow*. As soon as you hit one, back up. You'll get a boost, and enemies can't track and shoot you down (easily.)
There is a fairly high chance of bumping into an enemy this way. But still if you don't usefull
8) If there is a boost arrow going up or sideways on a hill, (not down, most likely bump scenario) take it. going at one at an angle will curve your flight and landing pattern.

!Battlemode Tactics**!

1) Always go for ANY powerup, especially heal. If you get a heal before the HEAL message, then an enemy can't.
3 letters: PUN = PowerUp Noob :: You should protect heals for your team and only take it when you need it yourself.
2) Back up hills, and charge down. Swerve ALOT.
3) Kill yourself if you have the HEAL message on the screen. You don't lose a point, and the enemy doesn't gain one.
If I ever catch you doing that you ll get the ban message on your screen after the "Your brain has been separated from your tank! - Press space".
4) Hide behind rocks, and randomly charge out at the enemy, firing in all directions.
5) In team, team (duh) up against an enemy.

!Camping Tactics!

The 4 major types of camping are as follows:
1) Regular- Camping in the goal.
2) Boosting- When a player uses a boost arrow, you are in front and they hit you.
3) Jumping- When you get under a tank and it hits you.
4) Special- Combo of boosting and jumping.
Camping Rules

1) Make sure it is ok to camp.
2) Never be afraid to shoot.
3) Anticipate stoppes and dodges***.
4) Be careful! Enemy players can kill you, even when you are camping!

* Provided a player isn't tailing you, then you'll just bump into them.
** Some scrum tactics work for this battle mode, too. IGNORE THE BUMPING PART!!
*** If a tanker stops, when you hit them (IF you hit them) you won't get the scrum.

You need to work a lot on these things, your tactics are somewhat new in the sense that new players use them. Being a somewhat "more experienced" scrummer I could post a lot of better ways to do the same stuff you posted here. But I don't really have the time for it.

I also moved your topic, as it shouldn't be in the General forum.

Have a good one,
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish
taty MDTKL

Post by taty MDTKL »

i need to delete this post...
Last edited by taty MDTKL on Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
taty MDTKL

Post by taty MDTKL »

ya dont gotta be so mean with the banning!! :cry:

Why did you? :?: :?: :?:
taty MDTKL

Post by taty MDTKL »

One thing...

shouldent this be in the Help forum? :?:
Scyth
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Scyth »

It kills the game basically, suicide in TBM or BM is (in my book) as low as you can go if you do it on a regular basis. The best player/team should win, and by doing this you do not award them the points they fought for. You only give about winning yourself not about playing a good game.

That is all I have to say about this. Also, please do not double post. Use the "edit" button at the right top corner of your post.
Thanks

--- Reply to your third post.
taty MDTKL wrote:One thing...

shouldent this be in the Help forum? :?:

No it shouldn't, help forum is for people that have problems with the games, its scripts or anything. Not gameplay.

As I mentioned above use the edit button.
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish
taty MDTKL

Post by taty MDTKL »

ok sorry
CB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CB »

Top post edited so theres no confusion of diving , or taking heal when not needed in TBM.
They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.

Red still sucks!
TMG Leader
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by TMG Leader »

You may want to add in BM that you constantly switch oppenents instead of one target. It increases the number of smokers and you'll get more kills. I found this helpful, of course no1 hosts a BM server anymore. I should do that to try to bring it back since i not good at any team games.
First to fall, last man standing.
taty MDTKL

Post by taty MDTKL »

TMG Leader wrote:You may want to add in BM that you constantly switch oppenents instead of one target. It increases the number of smokers and you'll get more kills. I found this helpful, of course no1 hosts a BM server anymore. I should do that to try to bring it back since i not good at any team games.

good idea, I posted it! :!: