DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

One more player and it lags?

Admin Scripts, Radars, All Think Tanks Extras found here.

Moderator: Moderator

Sparrow©
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

One more player and it lags?

Post by Sparrow© »

Ok here's my problem: I'll have 6 people in my server (dedicated) and they will all have acceptable pings... 50-100 around there, but if one more person joins everyone's ping instantly shoots up to 1000+. I've had this happen many times with different times of day and different people joining and such (different comps and version of TT too). Also it only happens if the server is a team game, if it's plain battlemode or scrum it works fine. I've ran non-team scrum servers with 15 people in them and they worked fine, but when I run a team server the limit is 6. This doesn't make sense at all to me, maybe someone could help me understand why this is happening and possibly how to fix it. In advance, thanks for the help.

BTW: I'm on a mac if that helps you figure it out.

:rockon:

"When I think of sparrows I think of a pin cushion.....for shotgun pellets" - SoapScrum
Unit
A Few Broken Fenders
A Few Broken Fenders

Post by Unit »

it may depend on your internet... it may only support a server with a player limit of 5 or the player that just joined the game thst made everyone have the 1000+ ping there internet may have problems. if you have dial-up your good with 2-6 players DSL 7-10 cable 11-14-15 players and who wants an odd number of players on a team anyway? like 4 players on green and 3 players on blue does that seem fair? If someone joins the server and it makes it lag city ask the player to leave or kick him/her if he/she doesn't leave (also kick him/her if the chat lags I hate it when that happends) it may not be the problem but its just ideas.

Unit
Army: Genocide Army
Ranking: Marshal General of Genocide Army (Mgga)
Sparrow©
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Sparrow© »

No 4 on 3 wouldn't be fair, I was just saying that it is strange that 6 people is fine, then one more person joins and the lag goes to insanity. If this happened in all game types I would just say that 6 people is my internet connection's limit but the thing is that I can host multiple servers with 8-10 people in them and still have acceptable pings from everyone and no lag, but if I host a team server, be it tbm or ts, the limit is 6 people.... Doesn't make sense to me. :?

"When I think of sparrows I think of a pin cushion.....for shotgun pellets" - SoapScrum
DJ Wings
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by DJ Wings »

Just set the limit to 6 people. Problem solved, but it's a band-aid fix. I honestly have no clue what's up.
Never really gone, never really part of the game.
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

Sparrow

Have you opened up the ports in the client prefs as described below

Go to game/client pref.cs
Open with notepad
Change
$pref::Net::PacketRateToClient = "10";
$pref::Net::PacketRateToServer = "16";
$pref::Net::PacketSize = "200";

to this
$pref::Net::PacketRateToClient = "32";
$pref::Net::PacketRateToServer = "32";
$pref::Net::PacketSize = "450";

Save file and delete game/client.cs.dso
to insure changes
Rooster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rooster »

What your CPU speed and amount of RAM?
And also what is your connection speed
Check it at speedtest.com.....1000 mbs upload mininmum is acceptable
Sparrow©
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Sparrow© »

CPU speed is 733 MHz, and the RAM is 512 Mb, I was gonna up grade to 1 Gb soon.

Well using this site http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest

I get 1207 kbps Download speed and 170 kbps upload speed. Idk about those numbers though since next to them it has in brackets: (150.0 KB/sen transfer rate) by (21.3 KB/sec transfer rate). Still doesn't make sense that i can host with 10 ppl or more with non-team maps and i can't with team maps.

Death Reaper
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by Death Reaper »

Haha..

Under FireFox
Download Speed: 0 kbps (0 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 313 kbps (39.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

I got a feeling, my comp doe'snt like the site ROFL

Then Firefox, Running as if an IE Tab lol..
Download Speed: 2568 kbps (321 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 437 kbps (54.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

Not too much of a diff there eh?

(Completely Blew Sparrow out of the Water..
!!! People Post yours as Well !!! )

I'm using a amd athlon 64 3800+ processor,
and 1 gig ram, 250 gig hdd not too much else
Oh, ati radeon express 200 ROFL
Last edited by Death Reaper on Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rooster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rooster »

Uh oh Spar
that upload speeds a bummer....
More RAM might help but mostly its the upload speed
Sparrow©
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Sparrow© »

Yea kinda thought that seemed pretty low..... well I work on it when I come back from vacation next week. (get back saturday) I'll try more RAM..... You think it takes more upload speed when it is a team server?

[Edit]: Using that speed test what do you get Roo?