DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

CTF Recreation Comments and Help

Download FREE upgrade packs here. Upgrade packs allow you to get into all games and mods fast by having everything preloaded. We recommend Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator

Ice mom KT
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Re: CTF Recreation Comments and Help

Post by Ice mom KT »

LGM said
Relax... they were probably doing some last minute shakedowns.
You MUST do the preloads on this one, icemom. I don't think the server will let you load all the pieces. There isn't time to do that during a game.
Get those downloads and install them.

:rockon: i just installed the preloads and it was SO easy. i cant w8 till the 25th!! :blowup:
rOOts
A Few Broken Fenders
A Few Broken Fenders

Post by rOOts »

Daz ur CTF is cool
Think Tanks Player
ThinkTanks ROCKS!
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

:above:

Thanks, those who were involved in making it are indeed pleased with the final result.
fishtank
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by fishtank »

I just installed the IA Convert and CTF. I love the fresh look of the IA stuff. I went back to my preferred scrumgoal, but kept everything else. I'm thinking of perhaps adjusting the transparency of the "glow" from the boost pads and arrows, they seem a little distracting. Has anyone reported any increased lag/decreased fps from the added stuff? I thought I noticed a slight decrease in performance, but it could have been from something else.
CTF looks wicked fun, hope to see a full state-side server someday.
fishtank
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by fishtank »

O- I didn't mention that I added the pack's common shapes to my TT common shapes folder. They are now my permanent pads, arrows, n stuff. The transparency wouldn't really be relevant for just the CTF install. The IA pads, arrows, goal marker, and scrumball are sweet in TT1. No more being on your way to score a fb, coming over a knoll to be surprised by a hidden arrow.
-Before and after adjusting transparency.
Image Image
Илья52
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by Илья52 »

Dazzle i not Name2ShortTryAgain I **ИЛЬЯ** или **EEUB**
my post:http://forums.planetthinktanks2.com/Thi ... =21&t=5406
Привет я летаю уже на тарелке НЛО Image
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

:above: no idea why that is happening, sorry.

@ Fish

your arrows look great!!! I have also made a version that I use in my common folder but I removed the transparency completely and changed the arrow colour above the pad to red, and I agree no more hitting arrows by mistake and also great for spying where the arrows are on new maps and which way they are facing.
Salmon Sam
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Salmon Sam »

ugh i hate those arrows...i think the floating arrow is too hard to see...too transparent...when i use them they always go a different direction then i expected. maybe im just dumb
~poopiedoodlez 4 lyfe~
LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LGM »

Daz and fish-

Any chance you guys could share those arrows and where to put them ? I'd like to have them, but can't figure out which file they are from the modpack. Too much to look at and make sense of, I guess.
fishtank
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by fishtank »

In Daz's IA Conversion install folder, there is a folder titled "common"(copycontentstoshapes/InstantAction/common). I just copied the contents of that folder to TT's original "data/shapes/common" folder. I think I had to change my scrumgoal back, but other than that, everything was fine.
EDIT: if you remove the "scrumgoal.dts" file from Daz's folder, you shouldn't have any problems. I'm on Windows, btw.