DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Anyone want to display their art?

Download FREE upgrade packs here. Upgrade packs allow you to get into all games and mods fast by having everything preloaded. We recommend Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator

THE V
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Anyone want to display their art?

Post by THE V »

I've mess around and figured out how to put up a dedicated server called CASA DE LAG. I was thinking about what maps to put up in rotation and I thought.. Why not everything?

We have a long history of modding for this game. The original game files take up about 20Mb of space. Last I checked my TT folder has well over 300Mb of stuff stored in in. So many maps, so many hours of effort and work, and the vast majority haven't been seen in years. Some of these are no loss others are a damn shame because they were stunning.

My server is running on an old PIII laptop with a grand total of 6G hard drive space. After installing Linux I have 2.5G of space left.

I'll put every working map with a .mis I can find up. If you want your artwork to be displayed just send me the files and it will go into the random rotation.

The only rule is it has to be working cleanly - no hanging pads or other mismatches. It needs to be a finished map.

Just drop me an e-mail if your interested.

Eventually I also hope to con a programmer buddy of mine into setting up a .exe, .bin and maybe even a mac install file. I've been working on him for a few years and he's resisted bu I'm a very patient (and annoying) guy and will get him eventually.
Jerry
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Re: Anyone want to display their art?

Post by Jerry »

If I may? I did this a year or so ago. Well not everything, just the missions that I had. There was around 180 missions or so. I had a few unforseen problems. The main one was that some of the missions had some added mods that spilled over to the next missions. I suggest that you keep the mission loader list to just 10 a week. Plus check the missions to see if theres extras added that will spill over to the next mission. If ya find that there is, then add the lines to the next mission in the ML list that will shut them down when the next mission starts. Hopefully this helps.

Good at everything!
Perfect at nothing!

as confused as a baby in a topless bar
THE V
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by THE V »

^It might change but I'm not having any issues with 40+ maps yet. I've been testing each one independently before adding them onto the rotation. If I have carryover my solution is to just not add in the map until I figure out how to disable the carryover.
LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LGM »

i was in The V's server for a while yesterday.

It was great to see some of those old mods. Brought back fun memories.

I almost forgot how nice some of them were. Saw some of CB's, Napalms... some of the artwork in them was stunning, too. I'd recommend stopping in.
Brandie
Popped Bot Head
Popped Bot Head

Post by Brandie »

Were do I make art inyway???

:dieabove:
(U)nidentified (F)lying (O)bject
(U)nidentified (F)reak
(U)hhhh

2 + 2 = 7, who agrees.

http://forums.planetthinktanks2.com/Thi ... f=4&t=5537
~Brandon
LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LGM »

The art he was talking about was TT mods.

Where has Casa de Lag been lately?

And please don't bump threads that haven't been posted to in months. (Unless you're reviving it or have something to add of value.)