DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

RollerBall Comments and Help

Download FREE upgrade packs here. Upgrade packs allow you to get into all games and mods fast by having everything preloaded. We recommend Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator

Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

^ Thanks for the info, I am aware of the problem with the cairo sky. In answer to your question about the terrains, there are no Sydney terrains as the map uses the same terrains as Tokyo so no problem there.

As i stated ^^ I have uploaded the wrong preload - I am so mad with myself, would you believe I tested this thing to death, and have made 1 tiny mistake and yes its a sky problem. Basically I have uploaded the wrong preload - thats what you get when you spend 12 hours on a pc doing RollerBall stuff - was just way to tired, eyes went square, brain disengaged, and thats when simple things go wrong. All in the mane of meeting a deadline..............

I have tried to fix it from work but dont have the necessary files here, so I will upload the correct preload when I get home, so give me a few hours and all will be fixed up 100% - but you will have to download again.

This will be fixed in about 2 hours from the time of this post and all links restored. If you have downloaded before the time of this post please redownload and install files again.

I apologise to anyone this has effected, but we all make mistakes sometimes :cry:
13inchgun
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by 13inchgun »

Daz,
I jus' hacked my files 'n fixed it. Apparently, the server did download a few of the JPEG sky files (5, plus the DZSky11.dml) into my game's "DZ_Skies" folder, so I jus' renamed a couple similar ones, and presto-chango, I was in. Also, I later realized I didn't need the 'Sydney' file I thought was missing, once I got into it in the rotation.
At any rate, thought I'd tell you, and also mention that the 4 new maps are....well, GREAT! Hey, we all make mistakes, no harm done. I certainly know I've done some fine hallucinating after an all night hack attack, and have actually moved some files in my sleep! ;>) If THAT wasn't tuff trying to search for where I mistakenly moved them with a half TB of files on my PC! Nah, a coupla' sky files ain't nutin! Still an A+ in my book!
See Ya, gun
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

PROBLEM RESOLVED

If you are having problems entering the Cairo map the RollerBall PreLoad links are now fixed so please install again replacing any previous files.

However if you are computer literate then use this fix and you will not have to re-download the whole pack

Grab this: http://www.box.net/shared/static/b45e55f6y3.zip

Extract the zip and place the DZSky11 Folder inside the Cairo folder, here is the path: ThinkTanks/game/data/shapes/RollerBall_Files/Cairo

That will fix it up 100%

Once again apologies for causing any problems
MonicaTTmed
Veteran Medium
Veteran Medium

Post by MonicaTTmed »

Alright, so I install both RB preloads. I follow the directions, put everything where it's supposed to go.

But when I get into the RollerBall server, I can only hear a few of the sounds. The powerup noises (and voice recordings) are ok, the teleport noise is ok, but I can't hear the crowd, goal announcements, game-related announcements ("The Rollerball has been created") or other voiceovers ("Oh yeah!").

My DZ_Sounds folder looks like this:

I also copied all the files in that folder into the parent "sounds" folder.

So, should I reinstall the whole thing?

Thanks for any help.
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

Hi Mon

The files in the DZ_Sounds folder are correct, and nd you entered the map ok so your installation is correct, otherwise the server would not let you in. So this is a weird one. Your comment "I install both RB preloads" is a bit worrying because if you already had rollerball you would only need the series 2 updates. So to be on the safe side and to avoid confusion, download and reinstall this preload only: http://www.box.net/shared/static/jpdeiclui6.zip

That is ALL the rollerball files, when you install replace any existing files. Do this and let me know what the result is.
MonicaTTmed
Veteran Medium
Veteran Medium

Post by MonicaTTmed »

Dazzle (UF) wrote:Hi Mon

The files in the DZ_Sounds folder are correct, and nd you entered the map ok so your installation is correct, otherwise the server would not let you in. So this is a weird one. Your comment "I install both RB preloads" is a bit worrying because if you already had rollerball you would only need the series 2 updates. So to be on the safe side and to avoid confusion, download and reinstall this preload only: http://www.box.net/shared/static/jpdeiclui6.zip

That is ALL the rollerball files, when you install replace any existing files. Do this and let me know what the result is.

I installed the RB1 preload months (years?) ago, and just now only installed the RB2 one. But just in case I'll install the whole thing over.
cydro
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Re: RollerBall Comments and Help

Post by cydro »

i have a question, can u make ur own rollerball server? if not can u help, cuz i double check my installation of rollerball and it still doesn't work (i installed the updates after the first preload before testing) :throw: :withstupid: :argue:
The stars.. sa..y that th..e..ga.m..e from..th..e..brain is ab..out to..ch..ang..e
In-game name: *{§yfön}* :wizard:
note: It's been a few months, and now im back for noobness!
I'll be there to add 'noobiness' 'cuz i saw heaps of ppl complaining bout that...
Random quote:Kick up the arsenal and your ready to roll..
taty MDTKL

Post by taty MDTKL »

im constantly being shot off the map by the starting gates... grrr :mad:
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

Which map?
Simon
A Few Broken Fenders
A Few Broken Fenders

Post by Simon »

^^ Sometimes that happens to me but only when I try to go slow to get to the Rollerball activator gate first but thats my fault. The only other map where I miss is Moscow and thats because I'm off target ( When you miss on Moscow there should be a teleport gate near by to get you to the arena)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity. :| :lol: