DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

New problem

Flaming Hot Information and Site Support. Q&A. Suggestions & Comments.

Moderator: Moderator

TT Tanker
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

New problem

Post by TT Tanker »

Ok, i have everything i need in myTT file, but how do i activate them? Do i need ACAS or Modwizard??
Can someone make my avatar be quiet!?! It's ANNOYING!?!
LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New problem

Post by LGM »

Depends on what you are trying to do... to run modwiz, you need to be in an empty server. Admin scripts need to be activated.

Read the files that come with the scripts. There are instructions on how to install and what code you need to add to some of the TT files to activate them.

Here's a bit of help for ModWiz from the directions:
Thank You for downloading Warfare's Modwizard 2.6

IMPORTANT:
-------------------

If you choose to use this script, you do so at your own risk. I (Warfare) take no responsibility for any problems which may occur as a result of installing it, attempting to install it, or using it.

Installing ModWizard:
------------------------

1. Extract the zip file into your common folder (this folder is located in the same place as your main.cs and another folder named game). The zip sould extract into a new folder named editor.

2. Open your main.cs file and add

exec("common/editor/main.cs");

near the end. If you have other scripts or utilities that require execution at the end of your main.cs file, please execute this last. Your other utilities will not be affected if you follow this instruction.

3. Other utilities that use key binds may interfere with ModWizard. Make sure you change the pref.cs file to suit your needs.

4. Create your own server with no bots and do not allow anyone to join. Mod Wizard requires you to be alone in your own server to work.

5. Press the M key to activate modwizard and then press the E key to see a list of commands modwizard can do and the keys they use. You can change these keys in the pref.cs file.
Here's help with dash codes...
1. Go to ThinkTanks/game/server

2. Create a new folder named 'dash' in it

3. Drag all files (from the download) to the folder 'dash'

4. Go to: game/server/dash/prefs.cs

5. Change the Adminpassword to your own wish

6. Go to ThinkTanks/main.cs (make sure that that file isn't main.cs.dso)

7. Open it.

8. Add this line to the bottom of it (make sure you have everything)

Code: Select all

exec("game/server/dash/main.cs");
9. Start up a dedicated server (to see if it all worked)

10. If you do not get any errors on the dedicated-window, then you've installed everything correctly!

11. Experiment with DashCodes. Have fun!

NOTE: I recall reading that if you don't change the admin pass, it won't work.
Both of these things were posted on this site... try using the search box on the upper right of the page. Many have gone before you, and there is a lot of information that will help. Search away... and ask if you need to.
TT Tanker
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by TT Tanker »

Ok so i extract the ModWiz files to my 'dash' files then..... i dont have to say the other stuff, but how do i create a new file named 'dash' and what do you mean by changing my adminpassword? Sorry i'm kinda new to all this.
TT Tanker
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by TT Tanker »

Sorry that was a weird question to ask a site moditor, but i have managed to download, now i must extract.
LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LGM »

If you are on a mac, open up the folder that the dash folder belongs in.

Then, either go to the file menu at the top and choose "New Folder" or hit command-n

A folder will appear called "untitled folder". Just change its name to dash... and then put the stuff in there.

When you have questions, it helps to tell us what OS you are running. Mac? PC? Unix? Also, let us know if you need help with basics like navigating to the right folder or making new ones, or unzipping archives. Most people here are helpful- especially if you let us know your skills and what you are trying to do.