DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

My Mac needs help, I can't launch TT.

Flaming Hot Information and Site Support. Q&A. Suggestions & Comments.

Moderator: Moderator

blynchusa
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

My Mac needs help, I can't launch TT.

Post by blynchusa »

:tankersick: After upgrading my Mac OS to v.10.4.11, my ThinkTanks wont launch. I get the two splash screens normally, but when the "Load Player" screen displays, any movement of the curser toward the bottom of the screen to select "accept" causes the program to crash. I hope there is someone out there that can help me with this problem. I am completely addicted to this great game and the fantastic players out there, but I am 78 years old and not too up on solving technical problems. I am running a 2 GB, 2 GHz iMac and never had any problems over 2 1/2 years. Any ideas?
LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: My Mac needs help, I can't launch TT.

Post by LGM »

This sounds like a problem that first appeared when Mac released 10.4

I'm guessing that you recently upgraded from 10.3 to 10.4?

If the game crashes when you mouse over a button, it probably is this problem. The sound that should play when you move over a button crashes TT. It's because of how the sound is handled by the game.

One fix is to download a current version of TT from GarageGames. (But, this works only if you bought it from GG) To get that version you have to log into your GarageGames account and download a new copy. The new copy has the fix built in.

The other fix I know is to download a new OpenAL package and install it. (This is from an old thread on PTT)

1. Download and install this package: http://homepage.mac.com/mdisabato/.cv/m ... kg-zip.zip
2. Follow this path through your computer: HardDrive/System/Library/Frameworks. There you will find the old OpenAL. Throw that one in the trash. (you will need the administrator password for this).
3.After the new package is instaled, you will find it through this path: HardDrive/Library/Frameworks. Take that and put it in the old ones place. It will ask you something and press the button that is beside cancel. It will need the password again.

After I did this, it worked!
http://supra.planetthinktanks2.com/arch ... 230799.asp

That's how I fixed my copy, but once GarageGames released an update, I installed that newer version.
blynchusa
New Brainjar
New Brainjar

Post by blynchusa »

:tankerhappy1: Hey, I can hardly believe it. I went to the original Garage Games site and downloaded TT again. The problem apparently has been patched because the game started right up. Of course, I forgot the procedure for upgrading while keeping my preferences, player stats, hi-scores, and the mods I have made. So, tonight I will try to reinstall using the somewhat obtuse instructions I originally filed away. Many thanks LGM for the tip on solving this problem. By the way, my player name is Gordo. I need to fix that in my profile too!
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

:above: Glad to see you are up and running. You cannot change you profile name yourself, only a mod or admin can, so pm me with what you want it changed to i will change it for you.