DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

Delete the spam lounge?

Flaming Hot Information and Site Support. Q&A. Suggestions & Comments.

Moderator: Moderator

Should we delete the Spam Lounge once and for all?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:15 pm

Yes
52%
No
39%
Other (PLEASE EXPLAIN IF YOU PICK THIS!)
9%

Total votes: 33

MusickTMG
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by MusickTMG »

Warfare wrote:
If a thread lasts 10 days or so with no posts, adios!

is that only for threads in the spam lounge or threads throught PTT2
Musick-TMG-

:duckie: "I got a idea"
Major
Veteran Heavy
Veteran Heavy

Post by Major »

Keep the spam lounge, It's the kid's end of the pool. :thumbup:
Scyth
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by Scyth »

Warfare wrote:How about instead of deleting the spam lounge, we stick a timer on it.

If a thread lasts 10 days or so with no posts, adios!

You mean that the thread gets auto-deleted? I do not think that that is what this is about.. I think it is not about the size of PTT2.

I voted for deletion of the spam lounge, to me it says, as 44 has pointed out, spammers go ahead. Instead we should be using a zero-tolerance system, that will avoid all spamming. The spam lounge gives people the opportunity to spam, and because they think its allright they take their worthless comments out of the spam lounge and start using them on other forums.
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish
CB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CB »

This site is a whopping 90 megs to date. That is a drop in the bucket.
They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.

Red still sucks!
PLAYER36-SA-
Veteran Heavy
Veteran Heavy

Post by PLAYER36-SA- »

This site is a whopping 90 megs to date.
Are you being sarcastic? That doesn't seem too bad to me, especially since there's probably over a gig on the FTP server. How much space do we have?
SmEaGoL
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by SmEaGoL »

Whose idea was this? Oh yeah, mine. I think it would be best to delete all of the spam because we have no use for it. On the old PTT the vets earned posts because of the quality not because of the quantity. I say that all the little children get rid of their spammieness and post something worth reading. That is my opinion. Spammers can leave if they do not like it.

^^CB...just because we have lots of space, does not mean we use more of it on spam! lol thanks for the update though.

Respectfully Submitted,
-SmEaGoL!
CB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CB »

The spam lounge is staying folks,, its a magnet and a landfill for spam energy that may other wise take place in serious threads. Even excessive spam,, ect... one word post or gibberish on serious threads or game threads in the spam lounge will not be without consequence. All is good not so give it a chance. Changes were made and were moving on. Like the doc said use the /ignore if you don't like to read some members post or easier yet,, don't click on it. :wink:
They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.

Red still sucks!
DJ Wings
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by DJ Wings »

Even when I made the original post, I was just highlighting an idea Smeagol tossed out there. It seemed, and still seems, like a good idea, but I'm glad we were able to actually start a decent debate over whether or not it was a good idea, rather than (at least, for the most part) flaming over it.
The majority says it should go, but the minority has some good points.
Never really gone, never really part of the game.
CB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CB »

maybe a bit sarcastic as I believe we haven't reached .oo1 % of our limit.

Red still sucks!