DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

About the email

Flaming Hot Information and Site Support. Q&A. Suggestions & Comments.

Moderator: Moderator

CB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CB »

Tinkerbell and who ever it applies,, Yes its possible to spam the spam lounge, for example I made a thread called "make a wish". Its in the spam lounge but you still need to stay on topic. Ya get it yet? Really it should be a common sense thing. If you want to post the first words that pop into your heads, I'm sure theres a forum for gibberish out there somewhere.
They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.

Red still sucks!
Tinkerbell
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Tinkerbell »

oh ok i get it.. i just thought if it was the spam lounge u wouldn't care.
Life's a climb, but the views amazing at the top
Yarkl
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by Yarkl »

Maybe post count should be removed?

Nah, just change the way rankings work to be like the old PTT. If you have been around for... 6 months or so, you can receive vet status. I can quote 'capt cheez' in the spam lounge saying he is only posting like crazy so he can receive vet status.
MusickTMG
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by MusickTMG »

Well I did say a while ago that those were great rules. Well I started to think about it and some of those wouldn’t turn out good to the PTT2 community. Well you said to ban the person and delete all there posts that they made. Well that would mess up a lot of the threads. Here is a example.

Joan: I think that all the garage games should be free

Sid: (whoever he is) that wouldn’t be good to the creators.

Joe:^ yea it would.

Take out what sid said and it wouldn’t make scene would it?

And the last rule of removing the spam lounge. If you were to do that the general tank talk would become the next spam lounge innless you enforced no spamming in there.

Than again those are only thoughts.

MusickTMG
Musick-TMG-

:duckie: "I got a idea"
get some
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by get some »

@ Tink

the problem is Tink that you and several others have taken the spamming outside the spam lounge. what some people need to learn is that you dont have to post every thought you ever have...cause most of them have no added value. i'm sorry if that sounds harsh but the fact that you have posted almost 2000 times in roughly six months is bordering on preposterous. its not healthy for you or anyone else here.

there are many times i have a thought in response to a post and i keep it to myself cause it adds nothing to the conversation. try it sometime.
LGM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LGM »

I heartily endorse the spam crackdown and the new rules. I also think Napalm had a good example when he mentioned the "bump" thread. It was a pure and simple ripoff of the old bump thread in PTT that Nappy made. I found it fun, and thought we could give it a whirl here, too.

I've never been more sorry for starting a thread. What was supposed to be a fun and creative exercise turned into a meaningless series of pages that have one thoughtless post after another saying "bump" with not one smidgeon of creativity.

The idea was lost long ago, and what could have been interesting turned into a pile of doo-doo.

I was one of the big posters on PTT. I was on there starting the end of Nov, 2004. I had 2056 posts in about two years. Here on 2, I have (as of this one) 377 posts, which averages to 1.67 per day. How anyone can have in excess of 1700 posts here is beyond me. I will say this, though. Most of what is posted here would have been ridiculed on PTT.

I'm poster #35 here. I was #18 on PTT. I've slowed my pace, but it's not because I don't like to post. The truth is more like I post less, because there is less of interest here.

I'll leave you all with a challenge. Bring up the relevancy of your posts. The dungeon is fun, but often bawdy. How about something with some meat to it? Something in the general forums? I've tried a few, but they seem to fall flat. There have been a couple good threads in PTT2, but they usually get spammed to death. Since spam isn't welcome now, how about we turn on the brains, and let's get some good reading back in here.

I'm fading away if something interesting doesn't start showing up more often. :cry:
MusickTMG
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by MusickTMG »

LGM wrote:I'll leave you all with a challenge. Bring up the relevancy of your posts. The dungeon is fun, but often bawdy. How about something with some meat to it? Something in the general forums? I've tried a few, but they seem to fall flat. There have been a couple good threads in PTT2, but they usually get spammed to death. Since spam isn't welcome now, how about we turn on the brains, and let's get some good reading back in here.

I'm fading away if something interesting doesn't start showing up more often. :cry:

i agree with all you said in these paragraphs

but take what i said about the rules into matter. some of the rules will mess up the PTT2 commounity
Musick-TMG-

:duckie: "I got a idea"