DAZZLE'S UPGRADE PACK

If you haven't already done so, upgrade your game by downloading Dazzle's all-in-one upgrade pack. It comes with everything you need for today's servers. Does your blue bar freeze when joining servers? Do you lag in games? Do you get an annoying siren in Phobik's Servers? This is what you need. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

About the email

Flaming Hot Information and Site Support. Q&A. Suggestions & Comments.

Moderator: Moderator

Napalm
Site Admin
Site Admin

About the email

Post by Napalm »

I'm the one who sent the email. The email was a mass email for informational purposes and was not directed to any one particular member. The email was sparked by the recent out of control posting in the Spam thread by Brandon and Parcat.

It's obvious Brandon and Parcat were having a back and forth thing in over 20 threads. I'm looking into corrective action of sorts for both members.

We will be cracking down on all spammers. What happened yesterday was just childish and a waste of a lot of people's time.
I'm proposing that anyone who is silenced for spamming will have their account removed (which should remove all of their posts) and will have to create a new account and start over.

This "trying to be the top poster" thing is CRAP!

Maybe post count should be removed? We are weighing our options right now.

Napalm
You smell that?
Do you smell that?
Napalm, son.
Nothing else in the world smells like that.
I love the smell of Napalm in the morning!

Stink-"Have another orange julius, jr."
MusickTMG
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by MusickTMG »

is parcat silancecd too then?
Musick-TMG-

:duckie: "I got a idea"
Napalm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Napalm »

Yes, after review of her involvement of the back and forth activity between Parcat and Brandon, Parcat will have a 30 suspension in privileges. She will be allowed back in Sept 10th 2007.
You smell that?
Do you smell that?
Napalm, son.

PGG
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by PGG »

Some people may not know what exactly spam does, Nap. Maybe you would care to explain why exactly this is bad when it was in the Spam lounge. I get it, but some people may not know.

At least, i think I get it...
Pardon my rudeness, I cannot abide useless people.
Napalm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Napalm »

Unfortunately I have mixed feeling about this in general.

We have been very relaxed about letting people spam. In general we have allowed the community to create just about any kind of thread and post until their heart is content. But it appears that the intent of some members has changed from what allowing this was really intended for.

Previously we didnt mind if the posts had merit or were about the topic. But considering of many of the complaints form long standing active community members and the misguided energy of some of the younger folks we will now be requiring that the posts have some sort of merit.

What this means is that if your going to go to LGM's (which was ripped off from me BTW) (gotcha LGM ;O) bump thread, the post better have something to do with a bump. The motif of that thread is really to try and find different visual representation of a "bump."

If you go in and post Duh, I have a bump on my head" that's just not going to cut it.

We would like the post to keep the topic on track with the main topic.
:O), lol, ehh, are all examples of spamming. If you want to add lol, just add it to a thoughtful comment and post them both.

There will also be new rules going forth. Anyone who is caught spamming and silenced will have one of the following:
(We are still deciding what works best from a communal and an administrative point of view.)
Account disabled/deleted and all post from user deleted. (User would have to create a new account when their sentence is up and start over.)
Possible post quote to a certain group of members.
A ridicule thread in which top posters are displayed for a public stoning.
Removal of post counts to remove the incentive to obtain and certain "number or status" linked to posting.
(My preference but will most likely not happen) The removal of the spam lounge.
You smell that?
Do you smell that?
Napalm, son.

MusickTMG
Veteran Light
Veteran Light

Post by MusickTMG »

thoes are great rules and i wouldnt mind seeing some of thoes go into action
Musick-TMG-

:duckie: "I got a idea"
Dazzle
Evil Site Admin
Evil Site Admin

Post by Dazzle »

Napalm wrote:A ridicule thread in which top posters are displayed for a public stoning.

I am lovin the sound of that :muhaha:
Tinkerbell
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by Tinkerbell »

they were spamming in the spam lounge correct? if so whats wrong with it.. thats y u created a spam lounge isn't it? :?
Life's a climb, but the views amazing at the top
ArtCrazy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by ArtCrazy »

Why remove it tough? Unless they were slowing down the forums, you could've just made the posts in it NOT count, or removed the post count... ah well
THE V
Need Major Repair
Need Major Repair

Post by THE V »

I can feel the heat from the flames Nappy. You must of been just smoldering there for a while. Go whip these young ones into shape. Whatever you guys decide, it will make the forum better.